Windows 10: cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open

Discus and support cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, All shortcuts icon turn into blank white as shown in image. and whenever i open command prompt, task manager and any .exe files , one pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dhruvil Dholariya, Sep 12, 2020.

1. cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open

Hello,

All shortcuts icon turn into blank white as shown in image.
    and whenever i open command prompt, task manager and any .exe files , one pop up window appearHow do you want to open this file? as shown in image.

cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open 53e47391-0395-4bf2-a113-2d59a1aa9644?upload=true.png

I tried,

deleting iconcache.db files and restarting my computer but it won't work for me.

I saw related Que and it's solution but probably all solutions required at least running cmd. But in my case cmd does not open.

It is frustrating.

Please help.

:)

Dhruvil Dholariya, Sep 12, 2020
  2. HSR_958 Win User

Task Manager, .exe files won't open

"The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

I keep getting this error message whenever I attempt to open Task Manager or an .exe file. Moreover, it takes too long before responding to my request to open the file with the above message.

What should I do?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HSR_958, Sep 12, 2020
  3. .exe files are opening with u torrent. Can't open Task Manager and other problems.

files with extension .exe are opening with u torrent and not able to open any software .

if I try to open any file with .exe it opens up torrent and shows a pop up that unable to load.

I also I am not able to access task manager and other much more stuff .

please help me out to fix.

Original title: .exe extension files

Moved from Insider

MohammadRidwan, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open

System Restore Error 0x800700AA and Task Manager

Thank you for your response. Some of the common symptoms of (0x800700aa) are unfinished installation of Windows application, virus infections, inaccruate registry entries, corrupt system files, incompatible or outdated software or hardware, unfinished uninstalling
    of some files, clashes between the automatic update error and the computer, installing of some corrupt or infectious apps or files, etc. In this case, we suggest to run a clean boot on your computer. Kindly follow the steps provided by
    Stephanie Sal on this
    link

Regarding about the Task Manager concern. Malware may prevent opening of Task Manager. So you may want to clear your computer junk files and then run a full or deep scan with your antivirus or security software or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you're
    done running those tests. We suggest to run DISM and SFC. By doing so, the task will scan for changed or misplaced files. If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten or corrupted, it retrieves the correct version of the file folder, and then
    replaces the incorrect file. Kindly follow the steps below to perform the task:

Run DISM and SFC

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task.
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges” .
      • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • If neither command shows a good result, go to Reset your PC.

If none of the above options work, review the different recovery options available in Windows 10. The
    “Keep my files” option should work – Reset your PC > Option > Keep my files.

If you're unwilling to reset the PC, you can try uninstalling the antivirus software, and do an in-place reinstall.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open

1. cmd, task manager and all .exe files does not open - Similar Threads - cmd task manager

2. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  3. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,I need help because I cannot open my task manager or cmd. I use them to properly navigate and close some apps in my system. It works before what should I do?...
  4. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  5. I can't open task manager and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  6. I can't open task manager and cmd

7. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  8. I can't open Task manager and Cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Task manager and Cmd: So yeah, recently I can't open Task Manager and CMD, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please...
  9. I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor

I cannot open some exe files as well as cmd prompt and task manager or registry editor: My windows version is 1903 and its a self built system. Please help me Ive tried countless things. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-some-exe-files-as-well-as-cmd-prompt/43ea5d99-664b-4531-88c8-a253c3b403bf
  10. Task Manager does not open

Task Manager does not open: Hello, Task Manager does not open and it gives a error : The prodcedure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe Also my computer has slowed down a lot. I can't even watch Youtube videos in...