Windows 10: CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:

Discus and support CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What would be the cmd instruction to delete files on C: including 'autorecovered' in the name and have extension .xlsb So, files that would show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tfwul, Jul 10, 2021.

1. tfwul Win User

CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:

What would be the cmd instruction to delete files on C: including 'autorecovered' in the name and have extension .xlsb So, files that would show up after: C:\>dir /s *autorecovered*.xlsb They show up in various sub folders within: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel Thanks.

:)

tfwul, Jul 10, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive

Autorecover files generally only get left behind if Excel or the file you're working on crash / are not closed normally.

I suggest checking the main files before deleting anything in case you need to get into the autorecover ones to retrieve any data.

Denis

3. tfwul Win User
    Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive

I have a lot of 'Autorecovered' .xls and or .xlsb files on my C-Drive.
    They cover recent used Excel sheets.

They read like:
    Filename%20Filename((Autorecovered-nnnbig nbrnnn)).xls

Is it safe to delete those?

Thanks.

tfwul, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c: ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

1. CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c: - Similar Threads - CMD delete 'autorecovered'

2. Recover Deleted Files with cmd+z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Deleted Files with cmd+z: HiI googled around but didn't find a good answer.I put all my work of three whole days in one new folder to send it to my colleague.Working in a CAD-Software i used cmd+z not noticing the Explorer windows was still active.It deleted my whole folder with everything in it.How...
  3. Recover Deleted Files with cmd+z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Deleted Files with cmd+z: HiI googled around but didn't find a good answer.I put all my work of three whole days in one new folder to send it to my colleague.Working in a CAD-Software i used cmd+z not noticing the Explorer windows was still active.It deleted my whole folder with everything in it.How...
  4. Delete files using cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete files using cmd: Hello, I want to search and delete files, in a folder by file extension ie: all files with extension jpeg, in a folder and it's subfolders ie: D:\New Can someone please write me a script to do that? Regards 181303
  5. cant delete a file from c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant delete a file from c drive: when ever i am trying to delete a file from c drive its saying that the file is open in somewhere else now how do i delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-file-from-c-drive/507f8889-9aea-4e27-b4ec-aed7ddb571f0
  6. Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files: The cmd in the advanced options cannot access the C Drive, but it can access the D drive Although, in administrator cmd, it can access BOTH with no problem, top 2 pics are recovery cmd, bottom 2 are normal admin cmd I doubt it's corruption, and think its just administrative...
  7. Delete files C Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete files C Drive: I have 6 files in my C drive. I am wondering if I can delete. If I can, what is the best way to do this? Such as in Safe Mode. See picture I have run the Disk Cleanup and rebooted and they are still there. I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 [ATTACH] I believe they were put...
  8. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  9. Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autorecovered .xls files on C-Drive: I have a lot of 'Autorecovered' .xls and or .xlsb files on my C-Drive. They cover recent used Excel sheets. They read like: Filename%20Filename((Autorecovered-nnnbig nbrnnn)).xls Is it safe to delete those? Thanks. 151523
  10. Instructions for deleting files, using CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Instructions for deleting files, using CMD: Hello to the Community, Need to delete lots of files; some are large. I'm looking for the steps to permanently delete selected files, using CMD (I am NOT a skilled User) The standard Delete via File Explorer sometimes doens't work....and/or is very slow to delete....