Windows 10: CMD window closing as soon as opened

Discus and support CMD window closing as soon as opened in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This just started about two weeks ago. As soon as use the CMD command the window closes right away. Doing some research, I think possibly it occurred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Aug 19, 2018.

1. CMD window closing as soon as opened

This just started about two weeks ago. As soon as use the CMD command the window closes right away.
    Doing some research, I think possibly it occurred after my computer got infected with a miner. My antivirus killed it right away and dozens of full scans indicate I am virus free.
    However, researching it it looks like I am dealing with aftermath.

I am part of the insider program and have two new builds installed but that didn’t fix the issue. Does anyone have any insight on what I can do ?

:)

pittguy578, Aug 19, 2018
  2. JosephB. Win User

2 CMD Screen Open and close after Windows 10 Clean Install

Hello,

Sorry for my english. After clean install windows 10 on my USB and after few PC open(still clean I can't install anything.), just for 1 time I see 2 CMD black and empty screen at startup. It close very fast and I can't see anything. If I create new user,
    I see that screens when open new user too. Virus check and nothing. Please help me.

Step by step:

Clear HDD with format c: /fs:NTFS /p:2

Install Windows 10 Home

Installation Complated

Connect WİFİ

Windows 10 Install Automatically Nvidia Driver

Restart PC

Nothing everything normal

Close PC and Open again

Nothing everything normal (sometimes)

Again Close PC and Open again

2 CMD open and close very fast

sometimes this happen after few PC open and close. But I just see this only 1 time. Not every start.

JosephB., Aug 19, 2018
  3. I can open microsoft edge but soon disappear.

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 19, 2018
  4. JosephB. Win User

CMD window closing as soon as opened

2 CMD Screen Open and close after Windows 10 Clean Install

Thank you for your interest. Sorry for my late reply. I did this and re-install Windows 10 like in my question steps. Download all updates etc. And I found problem. The problem is Onedrive. Onedrive did this. When I click onedrive folder, 1 very fast CMD
    open and close before login page. Everytime. Than I want to re-install Onedrive and found that commands: %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall With this command I uninstall Onedrive and restart pc. Surprise Surprise, 2 CMD opened
    at startup. Than I install Onedrive and restart pc again and there is no CMD. but If I click Onedrive folder still 1 CMD window open and close very fast before login window. For be sure, I did this 3 or 4 times and now I'm very very sure Onedrive did this
    2 CMD windows at startup. If I open it. If I can't touch Onedrive folder everything Ok and there is no CMD windows. So this is normal or not? Sorry again for my english. I hope you understand.

JosephB., Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

CMD window closing as soon as opened

1. CMD window closing as soon as opened - Similar Threads - CMD window closing

2. CMD window opens for a second and closes again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD window opens for a second and closes again.: Hello, out of nowhere MCD window started popping up on my screen for a split second, I ran Malware bytes, ESET, Microsoft Defender, and a lot of the programs that could help me detect malware or a virus but none of them found anything. What can I do about it, and what is...
  3. CMD window opens for a second and closes again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD window opens for a second and closes again.: Hello, out of nowhere MCD window started popping up on my screen for a split second, I ran Malware bytes, ESET, Microsoft Defender, and a lot of the programs that could help me detect malware or a virus but none of them found anything. What can I do about it, and what is...
  4. CMD window opens for a second and closes again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  6. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cmd opens and closes on strarup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd opens and closes on strarup: Whenever I boot my windows, a bunch of cmd prompts just start and closes before my desktop is visible. Its too fast to see any cmd which might be running. Also I cannot open the cmd prompt while working normally (it starts and then just kills itself). Is this a virus...I have...
  9. Cortana closes as soon as she opens

in Cortana
    Cortana closes as soon as she opens: hen itap the mic she closes automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-closes-as-soon-as-she-opens/e17f19b6-af63-43cc-a98b-7dd3f3313591
  10. Cmd closes after open

Cmd closes after open: Hello, I installed some program which edited my regedit. As a result there is some cmd starting and closing after every startup and I can't open new cmd because it closes immediately, only powershell works. I found in history that my AutoRun value in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command prompt crashes as soon as opened windows 10

2. cmd closes as soon as opened

3. command prompt closing as soon as opened

4. cmd closing instantly,
  5. cmd windows 10 closes as soon as opened