Windows 10: CMD window flashing - "whferic"

Discus and support CMD window flashing - "whferic" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, folks. I'm having an issue with a CMD window flashing now and then. I reinstalled my whole computer a few days ago and had some issues with viruses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hastella5, Aug 3, 2021.

1. hastella5 Win User

CMD window flashing - "whferic"

Hi, folks. I'm having an issue with a CMD window flashing now and then. I reinstalled my whole computer a few days ago and had some issues with viruses when downloading a torrent. I could deal with that, but I still have this flashing window and I have not been able to make it disappear. I even had to record my screen to catch it, because the flashing is so fast. I'm running Win 10 Pro 20H2. The screen is a CMD one, completely black. The title references to "C:\users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\whferic". I googled this "whferic" thing, but apparently it doesn't exist. 0 results. On my computer, I could only find this: A "whferic" hidden file, no extension; on "Properties", it says: File description: "Microsoft .NET Assembly Registration Utility" Type: System file Version: 4.8.4084.0 ... Original name: RegAsm.exe A "whferic.log" file, containing: Code: 1,"fusion","GAC",0 1,"WinRT","NotApp",1 Two registry entries, on: \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-3822717496-1127235177-3424497742-1001 \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-3822717496-1127235177-3424497742-1001 Both of them, REG_BINARY: \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\MyUser\AppData\Roaming\whferic Should I just erase all of that -if possible-? Does "whferic" ring any bells? Thanks in advance.

:)

hastella5, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 3, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 3, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. CMD window flashing - "whferic" - Similar Threads - CMD window flashing

2. CMD window flashes for a 1/4 second and is gone. Prevents sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CMD window flashes for a 1/4 second and is gone. Prevents sleep.: I have spent 2 months trying to resove a problem.The issue... A cmd window opens and closes so fast its more like a flicker. It always opens on top of other programs. It prevent the computer from going into sleep.What I have tried so far... Nothing has fixed the issue.I have...
  3. CMD window flashes occasionally while I am on my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD window flashes occasionally while I am on my PC.: Nothing in the window that I can see and it disappears almost instantly. In my StartUp apps there is this app: a7e3deb216e4619f65433aa5cb328. I have stopped it from starting when I boot my PC. When I search for the app it shows up as a shortcut with this target...
  4. CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD flashes after suspicious exe launch: Recently i was doing some research on additional software for a game. I saw some vidos on YT and decided to download it even though i knew it could be a shady one. After i downloaded it, i laucnhed .exe file and nothing happened at first. Then it started flashing cmd on my...
  5. Flashing CMD screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing CMD screen: Hi all, Got another sneaky one Im getting spasmodic flashes of the CMD screen popping up in the back ground. Only lasts a split second and then gone. Everything is running OK but this is something new. What Ive done: Run SFC all OK. Run Chkdsk all OK, Rolled back my graphics...
  6. Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt CMD flashes but does not stay open.: My CMD was working fine until I had to uninstall Anaconda from my system. After that the CMD prompt stopped working. When running CMD even as administrator, it opened the window but immediately got closed. The problem was not from PATH variables. Even directly going to...
  7. Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cmd screen flashes during startup! What is it?: Every now and then, during startup (when all applications are loading, etc.) I'll get a cmd prompt window that flashes for a second or two (not long enough to read/decipher what it says or what is happening) and then disappears. No idea what just loaded, started or anything....
  8. Blank Cmd box flashing on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Cmd box flashing on screen: Tried everything I know - still flashing every min or so... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-cmd-box-flashing-on-screen/1a2c5e13-0272-4b51-b376-21e2dd4ecf6a
  9. Multiple CMD Boxes flash during booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple CMD Boxes flash during booting: Hello, I hope you can help me. Intermittently I have noticed what appear to be command boxes pop up and disappear when booting to an account on Window 10 1903. I am concerned that this might be malware but nothing has shown up on AntiMalware Bytes or Norton 360. This has been...
  10. CMD Prompt window flashes and then disappears while web-browsing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CMD Prompt window flashes and then disappears while web-browsing.: In Windows, is there a log that records what programs were run/called? While browsing the internet, viewing a static page with no ads, mouse clicks, keypresses, or miscellaneous plugins/addons/scripts running, I just saw a spontaneous CMD.exe console pop open and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cmd flashed