Windows 10: CMD Window is not getting focus after it was opened.

Discus and support CMD Window is not getting focus after it was opened. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I hope you could help me with an issue. By default the CMD window will get focus once opened and i would be able to execute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guy Kozik, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Guy Kozik Win User

CMD Window is not getting focus after it was opened.

Hello everyone,

I hope you could help me with an issue.

By default the CMD window will get focus once opened and i would be able to execute commands.

But lately the CMD window is not getting focus after it was opened therefore requires additional click on it to be able to write commands.

For reference i am using.

Windows 10 Pro 1909.

Looking forward for solution.

Regards,

Guy.

:)

Guy Kozik, Feb 23, 2021

2. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. CMD Window is not getting focus after it was opened. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. CMD Window is not getting focus after it was opened. - Similar Threads - CMD Window getting

2. Windows 11 CMD doesn't pass focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CMD doesn't pass focus: Running batch that launches a program then wait for that program to close and do some clean up.If leave batch to run uninterrupted - everything works fine. But if one gets impatient and start pressing keyboard, then CMD does not pass focus to launch program.Can replicate it...
  3. Windows 11 CMD doesn't pass focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 CMD doesn't pass focus: Running batch that launches a program then wait for that program to close and do some clean up.If leave batch to run uninterrupted - everything works fine. But if one gets impatient and start pressing keyboard, then CMD does not pass focus to launch program.Can replicate it...
  4. Some apps don't automatically get focus after opened from Windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps don't automatically get focus after opened from Windows search: When I search for an app on my system with Windows search, I am used to open it, the application gains focus and I can start typing right away - that should be the default behavior. However, this doesn't lot of times work and the opened apps don't gain focus. It seems to be...
  5. Some apps don't automatically get focus after opened from Windows search

Some apps don't automatically get focus after opened from Windows search: When I search for an app on my system with Windows search, I am used to open it, the application gains focus and I can start typing right away - that should be the default behavior. However, this doesn't lot of times work and the opened apps don't gain focus. It seems to be...
  6. CMD not opening

CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  7. CMD NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD NOT OPENING: So im trying to opn my cmd but everytime it opens it closes within 3 seconds...i tried to create a new environment path...didnt worked. tried sfc /scannow in powershell..didnt found any missing files....what should i do then?...
  8. Focus a minimized application using cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus a minimized application using cmd: As the title suggests, I want to focus or bring back a minimized application via the command prompt. For example, if I minimize chrome is there a way for me to write something in the command prompt to do the same thing as me clicking the chrome icon in my taskbar? Any help...
  9. Cmd closes after open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmd closes after open: Hello, I installed some program which edited my regedit. As a result there is some cmd starting and closing after every startup and I can't open new cmd because it closes immediately, only powershell works. I found in history that my AutoRun value in...
  10. Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD: I have a Windows application that when launched with the Task Scheduler on start up does not have focus (i.e. I cannot execute keyboard commands in the application until I click the application into focus). Focus is on the Desktop. The application is started through Task...