Windows 10: CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10?

Discus and support CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In DOS batch scripts under Windows 7 there was a function "timeout" which stops the execution for n seconds. This command seems to be replaced by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pstein, Apr 14, 2017.

1. pstein Win User

CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10?

In DOS batch scripts under Windows 7 there was a function "timeout" which stops the execution for n seconds.

This command seems to be replaced by "sleep" in DOS batch scripts under Win10.

Is this true?

Peter

:)

pstein, Apr 14, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Apr 14, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10? :)

musum, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Pyprohly Win User

Nope.
    Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\>sleep 'sleep' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\Users\>[/quote]
    The timeout command is used primarily for batch scripting. Everyone is trying to forget about batch files and the language isn’t expected to receive any more updates any time soon.

Pyprohly, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

1. CmdPrompt "timeout" from Win7 replaced by "sleep" in Win10? - Similar Threads - CmdPrompt timeout Win7

2. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  3. problem upgrade from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem upgrade from win7 to win10: Install of Windows 10 fails in SAFE_OS during REPLICATE_OC 0x8007001F - 0x20006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-upgrade-from-win7-to-win10/786ad7bb-b0d8-4a6f-81c1-7898c27765d8
  4. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  5. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  6. Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade: Dear Forum, Please find below my query. Any advice would be gratefully received - thanks in advance. Context: C1 I have a laptop ref: laptop A with a pre-installed version of Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit. C2 I seemingly have the product key for the Win 7 licence - it is...
  7. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  8. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  9. Retrying win10 upgrade from win7

Retrying win10 upgrade from win7: I accidently downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version. My system is 64 bit. The download/install goes through the steps until it gets to 27%. I've tried three times It stops the install and resets the system back to win7. The error code is "0x8007005-0x2000A...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716