Windows 10: cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10

Discus and support cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a generic sound card pci with the chipset cmi8768. (C-media) I cant find anywhere driver for windows x64. It is not supported in 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boombastik, Nov 6, 2015.

1. cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10

Hi,
    I have a generic sound card pci with the chipset cmi8768. (C-media)
    I cant find anywhere driver for windows x64.
    It is not supported in 10?
    Thnks

:)

boombastik, Nov 6, 2015
  2. Hanns3163 Win User

Why does windows 10 make me re install my sound card drivers windows wants to update ?????

That sucks.... Why does windows 10 make me re install my sound card drivers windows wants to update ?????

Why does windows 10 make me re install my sound card drivers windows wants to update ?????

Hanns3163, Nov 6, 2015
  3. Mic and record in on my creative sound card reset themselves to 0 and shuts the speaker emblem off everytime with in a short period or seconds

Hi Earl,

There are several factors which might have caused the issue, viz., a compatibility discrepancy with the sound card driver and System, or the sound card driver may no longer compatible with Windows 10. Since the sound card worked with Windows 7, may we know
    if you have tried updating the driver on your Windows 10 PC, or have you tried downloading the latest driver?

We will be waiting for your response.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 6, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10

I found C-Media's download site. It has drivers for Windows 7 & 8, but when trying to download it asks to login. Maybe you have to register first. It doesn't specify if the driver is 32-bit only, it could also be for 64-bit. Just download it and see.

Alternatively you can find the driver in a universal driver site such as DriversCollection.com or DriverGuide.com

Any 64-bit version, for Windows Vista 64-bit or 7 64-bit or 8 64-bit should work.

spapakons, Nov 7, 2015
  5. Marclee Win User
    Here is the right driver: USB Audio,PCIe audio,USB audio ic,USB sound chip--C-Media Electronics, Inc. from the official site. Beware, it is named this: PCI-8768-100902-5.12.8.17.41(XP-ER-01).zip

You need to make sure it is the XP driver. Use compatibility mode (XP latest service pack).

I only registered for this but it's important because the advice doesn't exist in the web. I had to look around a lot and ended up just trying out any old driver. It must be an XP driver because the other versions won't install completely. You don't just need a driver, but you also need the software that comes with the drivers (even if it doesn't really show up anymore u_u).

I've reuploaded the drivers here in case Cmedia stops maintaining their site: MEGA

Marclee, Jun 27, 2017
  6. spapakons Win User
    Remember that if the driver doesn't install by running the setup, you can always force-install it manually from the Device Manager. XP drivers are 32-bit and can only be used in 32-bit Windows 10 (and earlier). For 64-bit you need Windows XP x64, Vista 64-bit or newer driver (if available).

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10

1. cmi8768 sound card drivers windows 10 - Similar Threads - cmi8768 sound card

2. Windows 11 drops my sound card drivers Sound Blaster X3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 drops my sound card drivers Sound Blaster X3: I never had this issue in Windows 10, but twice now in Windows 11, my sound card drivers are being dropped by Windows 11, forcing me to install the drivers again and painstakingly set my sound settings up again. I could be playing a game, watching the Netflix or Disney Plus...
  3. Windows 11 drops my sound card drivers Sound Blaster X3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drops my sound card drivers Sound Blaster X3: I never had this issue in Windows 10, but twice now in Windows 11, my sound card drivers are being dropped by Windows 11, forcing me to install the drivers again and painstakingly set my sound settings up again. I could be playing a game, watching the Netflix or Disney Plus...
  4. Sound Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Card: I am not receiving any audio. I tried going through the sound settings including the troubleshooter. Still nothing.Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card/393102a9-a73a-406c-9725-252213c5edfa
  5. Realtek driver/sound card problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek driver/sound card problems: Recently my headphones wouldnt connect to my computer, I've updated all my drivers from their site and my motherboard drivers, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, I've tried many things but nothing would change. My computer is a Windows 10 Home and an ASUS H310...
  6. Sound Card lost in Windows 10

Sound Card lost in Windows 10: Sound card, no Sound card troubleshoot sound doesn't work. Suggestion below " Hello JSALVANS, Thank you for your post. In device manage is there a device with a question mark or explanation mark? If there is then it’s probably your sound card. Right click on it and...
  7. Cannot install driver for sound card

Cannot install driver for sound card: I have an Asus Xonar DGX sound card installed and I have tried to install the driver from the CD disk but will not do anything with it . Any ideas greatly appreciated 120297
  8. Need driver for sound card

Need driver for sound card: I have a sound card, Dynex DXSC5.1, that I cannot get to work for Windows 10 and it worked before, just that I had to wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows 10 the other day. Please help me find a driver that works with this card, I know it's outdated but it worked before...
  9. Sound Card Installation, Windows 10

Sound Card Installation, Windows 10: Neither ASUS nor Creative Sound audio cards will process "Mic" input from the back panel. I have updated the vendor drivers to Windows 10. I have tried "update," "disable," and "uninstall" approaches in the Device Manager. Audacity doesn't work. I'm trying to copy old LP's...
  10. Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver

Windows 10 November Update - Bad Creative Sound Card Driver: So, yesterday I was happily playing my music with the nice working drivers. Along comes the new Windows 10 November update to download and install, it went in fine without any issue. To my surprise the next day my speakers wern't working in full 5.1 (I have the Creative Sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmi8768 driver windows 10

2. c-media cmi8768 windows 10

3. cmi8768 win 10