Windows 10: cmos battery

Discus and support cmos battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a default in set up after replacing the cmos battery or should you take a picture with the flash off just in case? I cannot think of any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maranna, Mar 14, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

cmos battery

Is there a default in set up after replacing the cmos battery or should you take a picture with the flash off just in case?
    I cannot think of any other way to know the information as print screen etc cannot be used.
    TY
    Peter

:)

maranna, Mar 14, 2016
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Mar 14, 2016
  3. windows 10 corrupted my hard drive

Unplug the cmos battery inside the computer. Wait a couple of minutes then plug the cmos battery back in.

Restart and download the media creation tool and do an upgrade install.

You may need to download a service manual to find the cmos battery or do a search of Lenovo model cmos battery to see what it is and how to access it, you may only need to remvove a back access panel to access it

Andrew P Jones, Mar 14, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

cmos battery

Replacing the CMOS battery will probably reset the BIOS settings to their defaults. Unless you or someone else has changed the settings, that will be the same as what you have now.

You could use a camera (or smartphone) with the flash turned off to record the settings. Or, you could just use pencil and paper. (Dell typically provides a fairly limited selection of settings. That's not intended as criticism.)

bobkn, Mar 15, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Some motherboards (e.g. Asus) allow you to save (in non-volatile memory such as a USB drive) a snapshot of settings and/or different configurations.

PJLLB, Mar 15, 2016
  6. maranna Win User
    Well I have some choices so I will try the best -TY
    Peter

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cmos battery

1. cmos battery - Similar Threads - cmos battery

2. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  3. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  4. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  6. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  7. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

8. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  9. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  10. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cmos checksum error fix