Windows 10: CMOS Battery

Discus and support CMOS Battery in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How often should it be changed? I have a ProBook 4540s HP Laptop running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JPickett63, Apr 14, 2021.

1. CMOS Battery

How often should it be changed?

I have a ProBook 4540s HP Laptop running Windows 10

:)

JPickett63, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Does CMOS battery make an important role?

This means the CMOS battery has failed - you need to purchase a new CMOS battery. As suggested by another expert you should upgrade your BIOS and then do the CMOS battery replacement and this should stop it.

Rick2021, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Rick2021 Win User
    Does CMOS battery make an important role?

Another expert kindly suggested that the beep code may be due to removal of your CMOS battery and you may need to update your BIOS and replace your CMOS battery.

Rick2021, Apr 14, 2021
  4. CMOS Battery

CMOS battery

Is there any need to routinely replace a cmos battery ?
    Can you tell ( via software) if it needs replacement ? or are there any symptoms ?
    Does a mobo "recharge" a cmos battery ?

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

CMOS Battery

1. CMOS Battery - Similar Threads - CMOS Battery

2. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  3. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  4. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  6. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  7. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

8. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  9. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  10. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?