Windows 10: CMOS issue

Discus and support CMOS issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Team, I have a desktop with win 10 home. It has stopped suddenly and was not booting. Issue :- After power ON only black screen appear. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bindoksala, Jan 2, 2020.

1. CMOS issue

Hello Team,

I have a desktop with win 10 home. It has stopped suddenly and was not booting.

Issue :- After power ON only black screen appear.

After analysis I found that there is issue in CMOS setting, so I tried entering into the CMOS setting by pressing F2, but my system stays only for 2-3 seconds in CMOS and then shows the WIN 10 boot screen which then again turns into black screen.

I tried many time the below process to enter in CMOS but still not able to enter in CMOS.

1/ Power OFF
    2/ Remove the CMOS battery (Its a new one)
    3/ Done the motherboard jumper setting
    4/ Wait for 15 minutes
    5/ Place the jumper and CMOS battery
    6/ Power ON.

After doing the above process still I am not able to enter into CMOS and even if I am the the CMOS setting screen remains only for 2-3 seconds and I am not able to change anything in CMOS.

:)

bindoksala, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 2, 2020
  4. CMOS issue

clear CMOS

As @Law- II said .....

please fill your system specs.
    If you have a desktop motherboard i would suggest to see if you CMOS battery is not dead.

scoutingwraith, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

CMOS issue

1. CMOS issue - Similar Threads - CMOS issue

2. How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop: I have a windows 10 HP laptop and constantly worried of something happening to it and been curious about a few things-How long do CMOS batteries typically last and what are signs it's failing?-Do CMOS batteries last longer if constantly powered? at least that is what one...
  3. How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop: I have a windows 10 HP laptop and constantly worried of something happening to it and been curious about a few things-How long do CMOS batteries typically last and what are signs it's failing?-Do CMOS batteries last longer if constantly powered? at least that is what one...
  4. How long do CMOS batteries last? WIN 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 not hibernating when reaching Critical, resulting in loss of CMOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not hibernating when reaching Critical, resulting in loss of CMOS: Hi,No idea when this started. I sit all day at my work laptop. This is my personal use/home laptop.I get Low battery warning/message pop-up no action.I have noticed Battery Saver being activated.I have reset Control Panel-Power-Advanced Power-Battery back to default, but the...
  6. Windows 11 not hibernating when reaching Critical, resulting in loss of CMOS

Windows 11 not hibernating when reaching Critical, resulting in loss of CMOS: Hi,No idea when this started. I sit all day at my work laptop. This is my personal use/home laptop.I get Low battery warning/message pop-up no action.I have noticed Battery Saver being activated.I have reset Control Panel-Power-Advanced Power-Battery back to default, but the...
  7. Pc boot issues. Black screen. No cmos entry. Don't know what to do next.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc boot issues. Black screen. No cmos entry. Don't know what to do next.: I have a Lenovo Erazer x310, running windows 10, 7 years old, pc did an update last week, and will now not boot. Don't get a load screen. Have tried to press an f/esc/shift key to access bios set up but it will not load, no beep, and no boot. Have looked online for...
  8. Pc boot issues. Black screen. No cmos entry. Don't know what to do next.

Pc boot issues. Black screen. No cmos entry. Don't know what to do next.: I have a Lenovo Erazer x310, running windows 10, 7 years old, pc did an update last week, and will now not boot. Don't get a load screen. Have tried to press an f/esc/shift key to access bios set up but it will not load, no beep, and no boot. Have looked online for...
  9. Pc boot issues. Black screen. No cmos entry. Don't know what to do next.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. After wiping drives w/ new OS and Clearing CMOS, I'm still having BSOD issues and its...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After wiping drives w/ new OS and Clearing CMOS, I'm still having BSOD issues and its...: I've been experiencing BSOD issues constantly and I have no idea what it is. The BSOD usually occurs when I'm trying to install a game (fortnite), or running stress test/userbenchmark, when I first boot up, and attempting to update my GPU driver. But also happens at random...