Windows 10: CMOS pasword

Discus and support CMOS pasword in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did not set a CMOS password but it is now asking for one. I know how to reset it but why is it asking for one if I did not set one? Is there a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrianCaldwell77, Jul 27, 2019.

1. CMOS pasword

I did not set a CMOS password but it is now asking for one. I know how to reset it but why is it asking for one if I did not set one? Is there a default password?

:)

BrianCaldwell77, Jul 27, 2019

2. clear CMOS

As @Law- II said .....

please fill your system specs.
    If you have a desktop motherboard i would suggest to see if you CMOS battery is not dead.

scoutingwraith, Jul 27, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Replaced CMOS battery Lost Win 10

In that case you are suggested to follow post #6.

4. n73rock Win User

CMOS pasword

incorect defoult pasword

i have a nokia n73 music edition . I tried hard reset and it done verry well but when i want to set pasword lock on my n73 it say incorect pasword. I m used many code-12345,1234,0000 and many more. . . Plezzz help me. .

Moderator's Note: Mobile number and email were removed. It is unwise to post this kind of information in the forum. Please have a read through our forum guidelines here:

Thank you for understanding.

n73rock, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

CMOS pasword

1. CMOS pasword - Similar Threads - CMOS pasword

2. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  3. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?: Okay, I am kind of worried about this and despite being told it's likely not possible for this to happen, can a normal windows update like a monthly or optional one messed up my laptop with a possibly damaged CMOS? clock isn't working properly, that's the only sign at the...
  4. can a possibly broken CMOS battery effect windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  6. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  7. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

8. Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.: I replaced my laptop battery this week and lately the pc HP 255 G7 NOTEBOOK PC, internal battery just powers off whilst in use. And to power it on it needs to be plugged in. It then shows an error on startup, CMOS failure or something then restarts. After it's on I can unplug...
  9. Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.

Unexpectedly shuts down and shows CMOS 'something' error.: I replaced my laptop battery this week and lately the pc HP 255 G7 NOTEBOOK PC, internal battery just powers off whilst in use. And to power it on it needs to be plugged in. It then shows an error on startup, CMOS failure or something then restarts. After it's on I can unplug...
  10. windows 10 now wants pasword to log onto the computer after replacing cmos battery

windows 10 now wants pasword to log onto the computer after replacing cmos battery: I replaced the battery on the mother board, now when i turn the computer on , it wants a password. I did not have a password before. Not the bios password, the user password. I have tried admin and password and some other obvious passwords....