Windows 10: CNN article Warning Update to Windows 10

Discus and support CNN article Warning Update to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I read an article by CNN Newssource indicating that Microsoft is warning Windows 10 users to update their operating system immediately because of two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by muchele, Aug 16, 2019.

1. muchele Win User

CNN article Warning Update to Windows 10

I read an article by CNN Newssource indicating that Microsoft is warning Windows 10 users to update their operating system immediately because of two "critical" vurnerabilities. Is this accurate that Microsoft issued this warning?

:)

muchele, Aug 16, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
  4. CNN article Warning Update to Windows 10

Cnn App no longer available

Thank you for your reply. I ran the troubleshooter and the response was that the Windows Store cache may be damaged. It then ran Reset and open windows store, then I received the response that it had not been fixed. The report is attached.

In the meantime, I was talking to Dell, and they suggested I uninstall the CNN, and then reinstall from the Play Store, however I could not find the same version of CNN, so I downloaded Simple CNN Newreader - I do not like it as much as the original, and
    still it does not show up with all the stories listed on the link of notifications in the lower right hand corner. Thank you for your help and I look forward to your response.

GaeLinfoot, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

CNN article Warning Update to Windows 10

1. CNN article Warning Update to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - CNN article Warning

2. CNN selected video doesn't load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CNN selected video doesn't load: I use Chrome on both my workstation PC and on my MS Surface Pro. CNN videos do NOT load, as selected, on the Surface Pro but they load fine on the workstation PC. When I select a video to watch while working on the Surface Pro, the selected video does not load. However, if I...
  3. CNN selected video doesn't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CNN selected video doesn't load: I use Chrome on both my workstation PC and on my MS Surface Pro. CNN videos do NOT load, as selected, on the Surface Pro but they load fine on the workstation PC. When I select a video to watch while working on the Surface Pro, the selected video does not load. However, if I...
  4. remove CNN from Microsoft news

remove CNN from Microsoft news: CNN continues to come up on my Microsoft news, even after I try and hide the publisher. Is there a way to permanently delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-cnn-from-microsoft-news/91d36c11-ec50-4741-8d06-3ac3b2b32a72
  5. Windows Update Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Warning: Just a heads up, When doing the latest Win10 Update, if you've got multiple partitions on a hard drive and one of them is the main Local Disk partition, the other neighboring partitions may be corrupted, so, once again, it is a good idea to backup your drives every now and...
  6. CNN video won't load

CNN video won't load: After this last Windows 10 update, videos won't load on CNN. I usually don't care for video if there is text. However, I really, really need to see cute puppies running around the Georgia aquarium. It would be helpful to dumb down the changes updates make for those of us...
  7. No windows update warnings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No windows update warnings: I have noticed that every time windows update detects an update, the only way to know this is to enter in windows update in settings, from the windows 10 settings. Neither in the icons of the notification area in the taskbar, nor in the Action center, no warning appears that...
  8. CNN app for Windows is dead

CNN app for Windows is dead: Used to use it quite often. Noticed it has been dead for about a week or so then started searching to see what's going on. This is what I found: http://www.windowscentral.com/cnn-re...ne-app-july-18 Another app gone from the already pathetic Windows Store... 56968
  9. Forbes Article About Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Forbes Article About Windows 10: I came across this article on Forbes about how Windows 10 is starting to look like a bad deal. Article here. In a nutshell, the author claims that "free" doesn't mean free due to the verbiage "free upgrades to Windows 10 for 2-4 years" that was presented in slide. The...
  10. windows 10 update warning

windows 10 update warning: well I upgraded my windows 10 insider preview to windows 10 full version and today I installed updates and now my pc is back to being an insider preview build 10535 what gives here? I guess we will have to give Microsoft another S.I.P. award ( Stupidity in Programing )I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update cnn