Windows 10: COD/DVD Drive

Discus and support COD/DVD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shubhambhardwaj1, Jun 4, 2019.

1. COD/DVD Drive

cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how to install the drives again.

:)

shubhambhardwaj1, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Bree, Jun 4, 2019
  3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. COD/DVD Drive

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

COD/DVD Drive

1. COD/DVD Drive - Similar Threads - COD DVD Drive

2. dvd drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd drives: Windows 11 does not recognize my ASUS DVD drives called ASUS and they stated that the DVDs I have is plug and play with windows11 where can I get the proper drivers to fix this problem?...
  3. CoD MW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CoD MW: Haven’t used the game for a while and when reloading I had to do full install.Although it tells me all parts reloaded when I try to play it tells me that I must purchase modern warfare I have uninstalled reinstalled ..rebooted console ..apart from throwing it out the windows...
  4. dvd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive: dvd drive opens unwonted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/55de79e2-136e-45da-90e1-6a2af6cb602c
  5. dvd drive

dvd drive: HI i have a toshiba satelitte pro c50 which has been upgraded to windows 10. now i find that the dvd/cd drive does not work. The link is there and i can insert a disc in but it does not play....
  6. cod fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cod fix: How can I make Call of Duty 4 work on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cod-fix/70e1879e-cbef-4587-b641-9da21625269b
  7. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  8. Dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dvd drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  9. DVD Drive

DVD Drive: My DVD/CD drive will not open Any suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/ac474a07-217f-4a0c-8b13-0aa2232c598e
  10. DVD drive

DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142