Windows 10: Code: 0x8004E10E

Discus and support Code: 0x8004E10E in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Okay, so I feel I've tried practically EVERYTHING in all of these threads I've read, and I simply can't find a fix. So about a few months ago, my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ReptiDelts, Oct 10, 2020.

  1. Code: 0x8004E10E


    Okay, so I feel I've tried practically EVERYTHING in all of these threads I've read, and I simply can't find a fix.


    So about a few months ago, my Microsoft store started giving the Code: 0x8004E10E whenever I tried to install something, and any applications through Microsoft store simply don't launch. And for months I've reset the store, my computer, wiped my files and just can't fix it, it has sticked with me.


    So I am wondering how do I goa bout fixing this, as I feel I've tried everything. Thanks in advance.

    :)
     
    ReptiDelts, Oct 10, 2020
    #1
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

    Unable to install apps in Windows Store. Error code: 0x8004e10e

    The error code: 0x8004e10e is a generic system error that's usually associated with activating Windows and with any download issues from the Windows Store. Since the tests have no errors, it's possible that the error comes from another software or service.
    You can perform a clean boot on your computer and attempt to download or update an app. You can check the instructions on how to perform a clean boot

    here
    . Otherwise, a reset is the next logical step to do.
     
    Ariel Aba, Oct 10, 2020
    #2
  3. JennD4 Win User
    Unable to install apps in Windows Store. Error code: 0x8004e10e

    A reset is what I've been trying to avoid! I have programs on the computer that will take days to set up again. Is there anything else I can try at all?

    Also, could you tell me what the error code 0x8004e10e is? - It doesn't match any of the other Windows Store problems on the site.
     
    JennD4, Oct 10, 2020
    #3
  4. JennD4 Win User

    Code: 0x8004E10E

    Unable to install apps in Windows Store. Error code: 0x8004e10e

    Since the recent big Windows (Anniversary) update, I can't update or install new apps on Windows Store. The error code that appears is 0x8004e10e. The existing apps (e.g. Calculator, Photos, Calendar etc) all have updates that won't work, and all close immediately
    upon opening them.

    On trying to open an app, I get the same error code in the Event Viewer -

    ...failed with error: Unknown HResult Error code: 0x8004e10e See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

    I've tried:

    - Checking for more Windows updates.. there are none.

    - A system restore to before the Anniversary update, but I got a message saying it couldn't complete the restore.

    - Running the Windows Apps Troubleshooter (Appsdiagnostic10 file). It made me create a hotmail account, then it reset the cache. Didn't help.

    - Running /sfc scannow but it showed no problems.

    - Running wsreset.exe but it didn't change anything.

    - Manually resetting the calculator (Settings->System->Apps & Features->Calculator->Advanced->Reset). No change.

    - Creating a new user account. No change.

    - Running

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

    in an elevated command prompt. No problems found and no change.

    Help!
     
    JennD4, Oct 10, 2020
    #4
Thema:

Code: 0x8004E10E

Loading...
  1. Code: 0x8004E10E - Similar Threads - Code 0x8004E10E

  2. How to run React app in Visual Studio Code

    in Windows 10 News
    How to run React app in Visual Studio Code: [ATTACH]You can develop and run React applications directly in Visual Studio Code. You do not need a separate development environment inside VS Code, but you do need Node.js and a React project to get started. In this post, we will see how you can run a React app in Visual...
  3. Claude Code not working in WSL on Windows computer

    in Windows 10 News
    Claude Code not working in WSL on Windows computer: [ATTACH]Claude Code is a useful way to work with a codebase directly from the terminal, but it can get messy when running inside WSL on Windows. If Claude refuses to start, crashes, shows “command not found,” or gets stuck during login or installation, the problem is usually...
  4. How to use Claude Code and OpenAI Codex remotely in Windows 11?

    in Windows 10 News
    How to use Claude Code and OpenAI Codex remotely in Windows 11?: [ATTACH]Claude Code and OpenAI Codex can do much more than simply answer coding questions. They can work with files, run commands, change projects, and handle longer development tasks. The problem is that some of these tasks take time, and you may not want to stay seated at...
  5. How to link GitHub to Visual Studio Code

    in Windows 10 News
    How to link GitHub to Visual Studio Code: [ATTACH]Connecting GitHub to Visual Studio Code simplifies your development process by integrating version control directly into your editor. This guide provides a step-by-step walkthrough to link GitHub to Visual Studio Code. How to link GitHub to Visual Studio Code To link...
  6. How to connect LM Studio Models to VS Code

    in Windows 10 News
    How to connect LM Studio Models to VS Code: [ATTACH]In this article, we are going to learn how to connect LM Studio to VS Code. Connecting LM Studio to VS Code allows developers to use locally hosted AI models directly inside their coding workflow. How to connect LM Studio Models to VS Code? LM Studio is an application...
  7. Unable to run Claude from VS Code on Windows computer

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to run Claude from VS Code on Windows computer: [ATTACH]Integrating Claude into Visual Studio Code promises an intelligent coding assistant, but encountering errors where the extension fails to start, respond, or authenticate can disrupt your workflow. This issue is often frustrating because it halts development...
  8. Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows 11 Hotpatch to Fix Remote Code Execution Flaw

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Emergency Windows 11 Hotpatch to Fix Remote Code Execution Flaw: Microsoft has released an out-of-band hotpatch update, KB5084597, to fix three remote code execution vulnerabilities in the Windows Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS) management tool. The update targets Windows 11 Enterprise devices enrolled in the hotpatch program that...
  9. Code: 0x8004E10E

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code: 0x8004E10E: I tried everything that I read in a thread, and nothing works. At some point was requested some information, and I attached the image of that because is different from the person of the thread....
  10. Code: 0x8004E10E

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code: 0x8004E10E: I tried everything that I read in a thread, and nothing works. At some point was requested some information, and I attached the image of that because is different from the person of the thread....