Windows 10: Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe...

Discus and support Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I got this weird code somehow in the microsoft store and it's showing up in almost every app I try downloading. I tried repairing the windows store,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BobWinkle, May 7, 2022.

1. BobWinkle Win User

Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe...

I got this weird code somehow in the microsoft store and it's showing up in almost every app I try downloading. I tried repairing the windows store, resetting it, running the troubleshooter, and more. The one thing that I haven't been able to do successfully is wsreset.exe. It somehow stays in the console window forever and never finishes.

:)

BobWinkle, May 7, 2022
  2. StevenX Win User

Cannot install updates or Store apps, error code 0x80072F8F

BITS troubleshooter gave the below results:

Code: 0x80072F8F.  I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work.  wsreset.exe... [​IMG]

Code: 0x80072F8F.  I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work.  wsreset.exe... [​IMG]

I have restarted after trying the various repairs. No other computers on the laptop, so not sure if others would update successfully.

Seems the SFC/SCANNOW problem is that one noted in your post. I tried to fix it using the commands given in the post you linked, but didn't seem to work as I still get the same error.

StevenX, May 7, 2022
  3. StevenX Win User

All this looks alright, except the SFC /SCANNOW command returned a note about there being some corrupt files - I have the log saved if (part of?) it would be useful?

StevenX, May 7, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe...

Puzzling. Tends to suggest permissions errors or other corruption.

As a matter of routine, please run these basic checks.
    a. Check your disk e.g.
    HD Tune (free) Health and Error scan tabs (e.g. from Softpedia).
    b. If ok, run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    from an admin command or Powershell prompt
    c. if ok, run
    SFC /SCANNOW
    similarly

Report the summary results.

What is the status of these services?

dalchina, May 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe... - Similar Threads - Code 0x80072F8F I've

2. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsreset and powershell is not working: Microsoft store is not opening error 0x80131500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsreset-and-powershell-is-not-working/2ba1754d-e7e9-4392-9cd9-7e8c39e38250
  3. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsreset and powershell is not working: Microsoft store is not opening error 0x80131500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsreset-and-powershell-is-not-working/2ba1754d-e7e9-4392-9cd9-7e8c39e38250
  4. wsreset and powershell is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe...: I got this weird code somehow in the microsoft store and it's showing up in almost every app I try downloading. I tried repairing the windows store, resetting it, running the troubleshooter, and more. The one thing that I haven't been able to do successfully is wsreset.exe....
  6. Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe...

Code: 0x80072F8F. I've tried repairing and reinstalling and neither work. wsreset.exe...: I got this weird code somehow in the microsoft store and it's showing up in almost every app I try downloading. I tried repairing the windows store, resetting it, running the troubleshooter, and more. The one thing that I haven't been able to do successfully is wsreset.exe....
  7. Code: 0x80072F8F

Code: 0x80072F8F: I have gotten this code numerous times while trying to install games through the windows store and while trying to install the game pass app for pc. I was able to install my game and app once before it stopped working outright. I am on the latest version of windows and have...
  8. Error code: 0x80072F8F

Error code: 0x80072F8F: when I try to download any app from the store, it tells me: something unexpected happened, and it gives me the code 0x80072F8F and I tried to clear the cache and reset the store, I also checked that the date and time are correct, as well as if I really was My account is...
  9. Error Code 0x80072F8F when trying to download from the Microsoft store

Error Code 0x80072F8F when trying to download from the Microsoft store: I was having problems playing Sea of Thieves, so I tried to uninstall it and reinstall. I cannot reinstall and probably other things I can't remember right now....
  10. Code: 0x80072F8F

Code: 0x80072F8F: Loading Modern Combat FPS I got load update. The PC stated I had this but could not get game to load past this point. Have tried to load new game and received above code. I have updated to new version of windows 10 and tried a number of suggestions on post but nothing...