Windows 10: Code 0xc0000428 on newly built desktop, what do I do?

Discus and support Code 0xc0000428 on newly built desktop, what do I do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've built a new desktop computer, I've updated the BIOS and I tried to install windows. When I boot it from the USB drive that contains the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by watersandwich, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Code 0xc0000428 on newly built desktop, what do I do?

I've built a new desktop computer, I've updated the BIOS and I tried to install windows. When I boot it from the USB drive that contains the installation media it pops up with this error:

Code 0xc0000428 on newly built desktop, what do I do? [​IMG]

I've searched for what to do but they all say to repair (I don't get that option, only to exit to UEFI) or to update boot manager (New one installed on USB and there is no overlap with other drives, other drives are new).

i have tried this with a fully formatted and wiped USB drive and it still doesn't work, please help.

:)

watersandwich, Oct 26, 2019

2. Unable to boot the device with error: 0xc0000428 on Windows 10

Hi Vuk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in booting the device with 0xc0000428 error. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you make any hardware/ software changes to your device prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that when you attempt to start a Windows 10 system, the system fails to start normally and you receive an error:
    0xc0000428 for the signed driver dlkmdldr.sys. Do confirm us if you are facing the same issue.

Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the device and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the device by choosing the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" mode from the advanced boot menu, you would be able to boot the system to the desktop.

• Try to boot the device to Windows Recovery Environment
    • Click on Advanced options, Startup Settings
      and Restart.
    • Once the computer restarts, press F7 key to start he device on
      Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode.
    • Check if the computer boot successfully.

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device after restarting the computer.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above an update us the status of this issue to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  3. SaberVA Win User
    Windows Boot Manager screen with the error code/ Statis: 0xc0000428 after overclocking (Attempted Multiple Fixes and will Continue my Troubleshooting)

Summary

• Rebooted computer after overclocking from UEFI to see a Windows Boot Manager screen with the error code/ Statis: 0xc0000428
    • Found boot drive/ SSD booted windows fine on a different computer
    • Booting off of a USB drive that had the windows recovery tool resulted in a Windows Boot Manager screen with the error code/ Statis: 0xc0000428
      • This even occurs if when no other drives are plugged in or if just the SSD is plugged in
    • Redownloading the windows recovery tool on the SSD from problem Computer (Plugged in the different Computer)
    So earlier in the day I was overclocking my CPU, everything was fine until I launched a game an and my computer crashed, that.s all fine and good, as is takes time to find settings that are stable. I booted back into the UEFI and lowered the clock speed
    of my CPU, I proceeded to save and quit the UEFI to get back into windows to test the stability of the overclock.

After the motherboard logo went away I was visited by the Windows Boot Manager Statis 0xc0000428

I was in no panic, as I had youtube on my side.

Things That Have Been attempted To Resolve Issue

• Download of Windows creation tool on a separate computer
      • Downloaded windows with that tool on a USB drive
    • Reset Motherboard CMOS
    • Switched SATA Cables
    Things Found From Troubleshooting.

• My SSD with windows does not work In said desktop
    • When on a laptop and its HDD is transplanted with the SSD from the desktop, windows boots properly with no issues.
    • Booting from a 64GB SanDisk USB, on the desktop with problems, with a fresh copy of Windows from the windows media creation tool results in the 0xc0000428 error code, same as the SSD.
    • Plugging In the Laptops HDD into the desktop where the problem originated also results in "Windows Boot Manager" screen and subsequently Error code '0xc0000428'.
    At the moment I will redownload windows to the USB drive using the windows media creation tool again, but I will do so using the SSD from the Problem Desktop.

Specs Of The Problem PC

• Ryzen 5 2600
    • GXT 980TI
    • ROG B350 Gaming-F Motherboard
    • One 8GB stick of ram
    • 240GB SadDisk SSD
    • 1TB Western Digital HDD.
    • 850 Gold PSU from Corsair.

SaberVA, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Cmrekeith Win User

Code 0xc0000428 on newly built desktop, what do I do?

What is windows error code: 0xc0000428

Can error code: 0xc0000428 be corrected by reloading Windows 10 software?

Cmrekeith, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Code 0xc0000428 on newly built desktop, what do I do?

1. Code 0xc0000428 on newly built desktop, what do I do? - Similar Threads - Code 0xc0000428 newly

2. Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?: So, I have just finished building a new PC, and I tried to connect to the internet since the motherboard that I used has built in WiFi, but during the windows setup phase, nothing showed up and I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I eventually went...
  3. Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?: So, I have just finished building a new PC, and I tried to connect to the internet since the motherboard that I used has built in WiFi, but during the windows setup phase, nothing showed up and I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I eventually went...
  4. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  5. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

Crashes on Newly Built Desktop: Hello!Around a month ago now, I built a custom built PC with new components ordered online. Ever since building it, I have been having issues constantly with the computer. Usually, it starts with a game repeatedly crashing this happens randomly from 10-60 minutes into a game,...
  6. Crashes on Newly Built Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?: Hello World!This newly built computer keeps bluescreening every once in a while. Life sucks. There are attached files through google drive for people smarter than I to figure it out. Please help. Thank you.System file is named fileofdoom for some reason it shows as an audio...
  8. Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?

Bluescreening Newly Built Computer, What Do?: Hello World!This newly built computer keeps bluescreening every once in a while. Life sucks. There are attached files through google drive for people smarter than I to figure it out. Please help. Thank you.System file is named fileofdoomThe dump files are named a bunch of...
  9. How do I fix error 0xc0000428?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix error 0xc0000428?: I just booted up my laptop and then the recovery screen appeared saying “The digital signature for this file couldn’t be verified.” How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-error-0xc0000428/67e12735-f7db-439f-968a-a5d7d9031434
  10. error code 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc0000428: Hi there when i start my pc it bluescreens and i get this message Your PC/Device needs to be repaired the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified. file: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.efi Error code: 0xc0000428 I currently am working for my computer and would...
Tags: