Windows 10: Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.

Discus and support Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop asus vivobook 15 x512da and I tried connecting a USB midi device Alesis triggerIO to my laptop. Once this happens, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ktulu112, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Ktulu112 Win User

Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.

I recently bought a new laptop asus vivobook 15 x512da and I tried connecting a USB midi device Alesis triggerIO to my laptop. Once this happens, in settings it simply says driver error.

When in device manager, it comes up with this.

Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device. 6c2c69b3-4bc4-430d-b7a7-55cf7c37ce2b?upload=true.png

Here is a list of things i have tried/know.

• Alesis Describes the TriggerIO as a plug and play product with no drivers required. I can confirm as on my previous windows 10 laptop it worked perfectly.
    • I have updated the drivers on this device but windows says that there are no new ones available.
    • I have uninstalled this device as well as all the other USB devices and restarted multiple times to no success.
    • I have updated to the latest version of windows as well as using all the relevant updates on the 'MyASUS' app.
    • There was an issue getting audio working in my digital audio workstation which is cakewalk by bandlab. I had to install 'ASIO4ALL' to get audio working. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I might as well include it to help the kind people who are willing to help me.

I'm really unsure what to do from here. The Alesis TriggerIO is a dated product so getting assistance for it may be difficult.

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

Ktulu112, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Larry StL Win User

Win 10 Pro with IE11 will not play Midi and Mp3 WEB site files

• This has been a continued Win 10 problem that I just recently have tried to overcome!
    • With current versions of all this is how different browsers function
    • Edge plays mp3 but not midi or asf
    • Chrome plays mp3, with pop-up plays midi but not asf
    • IE does not play mp3 or midi but does play asf
    • Firefox plays mp3 but does not play midi or asf
    • Safari plays nothing - "missing Plug-in" if it mattered!
    No problem playing any in desktop computer - no errors online, just will not play, and as I previously mentioned all sound device drivers are up-to-date according to MS check for latest!

Larry StL, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Playing MIDI files

Hi Dennis,

To isolate your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Are you receiving an error message when trying to play a MIDI file?
    • On what program are you trying to play it with?
    • What program were you using before to be able to play it on your computer?

Regards

Michelle Her, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Ariel Aba Win User

Windows 10 and Viewcon USB MIDI input

Hi RAMChYLD,

You can attempt to use a generic driver to make your MIDI work with Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps outlined on this
    link. I suggest that you perform the steps:
    Run a troubleshooter and Update the device driver. Kindly check if you are encountering any error codes in the Device Manager as well.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ariel Aba, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device. - Similar Threads - Code error 'plug

2. MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct...: The company's not being very responsive so I thought I'd ask here. Here's the issue: *Midi controller won't show up as a midi device in any software *Can be added as a legacy hardware device but returns the error "Code 10 Device Cannot Be Started" *Device is originally...
  3. Plug and Play configuration error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plug and Play configuration error: How do I reconfigure misidentified devices in Device manager on Win10. It's an arudino-based STEM robot, and it recognizes the device as an HID compliant mouse and Microsoft Serial Ballpoint. How do I correct this? I have the proper drivers. This is the second device, and...
  4. plug-and-play device

plug-and-play device: So I don't know why but for a few days my pc crashes or got blue screns with the error codes: irql not less or equal kmode exception not handled kernel security check failure I looked in the program perform record what the problem is and it turned out that there is an...
  5. Midi device not detected

Midi device not detected: I just bought a brand new laptop, when I connect my midi device and check on Device Manager, it was listed in all it suppose to, audio input, sound, video and game, except software devices, so everytime I start DAW, it can't connect to device, "no midi input device", so I...
  6. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  7. MIDI devices not working properly

MIDI devices not working properly: I just started having problems with my MIDI devices about a week ago. At a certain point they just disconnect from Windows, and only work again when I restart my computer. It's not a software problem, because it happens in different programs, and it's not a problem with the...
  8. Midi files not playing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Midi files not playing on Windows 10: Hello everyone, my Windows Media Player suddenly stopped playing midi files. It plays everything else, MP3'S etcso the player itself is not the problem. Have found any posts confusing and unhelpful. Is there anyone out there who can help? Getting a bit desperate!!! Thank you...
  9. Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator

Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator: Hi Tom-T I'm facing problem in Plug and Play Devices I recently updated my Windows 10 and now when I plug in my headphones , they do not work. When I go to Device Manager and then open Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator , it shows that there's no Device or Driver to...
  10. MIDI files not playing properly

in Windows 10 Support
    MIDI files not playing properly: Hey all, When I try to listen to certain MIDI files on Windows 10, there will be instrument tracks missing during playback. Sometimes I get just the percussion, sometimes only the percussion is missing. Sometimes all of the instruments default to piano. I can't find any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot