Windows 10: Code 10 on updating drivers for Ipod

Discus and support Code 10 on updating drivers for Ipod in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, i have a ipod shuffle from 2007, now when i tried to connect it to my computer, it shows up as "Unknown usb devicedevice descriptor failed",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClarenceAguimod0519, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Code 10 on updating drivers for Ipod

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Hey guys, i have a ipod shuffle from 2007, now when i tried to connect it to my computer, it shows up as "Unknown usb devicedevice descriptor failed", now when i tried to update the drivers for the device, it only outputs an error "Device cannot start code 10", on my windows 10 computer, it works before i upgrade from x32 to x64 by dual boot, now it dosent work for my pc[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]also i tried the tutorial from PcHell, but no it still dosen't work pls help[/COLOR]

:)

ClarenceAguimod0519, Apr 8, 2021

2. Ipod not recognized. My biggest issue is finding and installing the driver.

Hi Helen,

I can understand the inconvenience caused to you. I would be glad to help you.

Please share these details.

• Which generation iPod you are using?

• Does the computer recognize other USB devices on the computer?

• Do you get any error message when you connect the iPod to the computer?

I would also suggest you to check if you see any errors in the device manager. To do this:

1. Click on start, in the start search box type device manager and press enter.

2. In the list of devices check if you see any yellow exclamation mark or a red x mark."

I would suggest you refer these articles which will help you resolve the issue.

iPhone or iPod is not recognized properly by computer when USB drivers are not installed properly or are out of date

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

IPod touch not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1852

I would suggest you to update the latest drivers for the IPod touch from apple’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 8, 2021
  3. fmb(2) Win User
    Windows 10 wont recognize ipod shuffle drivers and showing error code 21

Old title: code 21 what is it?

win 10 wont recognize ipod shuffle drivers are updated but still problem error code 21 help!

fmb(2), Apr 8, 2021
  4. Code 10 on updating drivers for Ipod

ipod recognition

Hi Jodie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like get more information regarding this issue.

1. Since when you are facing this issue?
    2. Is Windows up to date?
    3. Have you tried connecting USB cable to different port?
    4. When you say “not recognizing when I enter the information”, do you get password incorrect message or you are not able type password?

We would suggest you follow steps mentioned below and try updating drivers for portable devices.

1. Disconnect iPod from the computer.
    2. Open Device Manger by right clicking on
      Windows icon on task bar.
    3. Locate Portable Devices and expand by clicking on the arrow next to it.
    4. Right click on the device under Portable Devices.
    5. Then select Update driver.
    6. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software on pop window.
    7. Then try to uninstall and re-install iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Code 10 on updating drivers for Ipod

1. Code 10 on updating drivers for Ipod - Similar Threads - Code updating drivers

2. ipod loading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ipod loading: I have an old ipod and I am trying to load mp3 files to it, but the ipod will not upload the mp3. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipod-loading/4c4cf609-c0a5-4508-9f08-054f43633999
  3. Ipod problem after last update

Ipod problem after last update: I recently was forced to install an update to Itunes which created problems with my Ipod recognition on my computer. I think that problem is resolved but now my Ipod will no longer work in my car stereo. It says “no device detected”. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to...
  4. IPod

IPod: I have I-tunes loaded on my computer. I want to purchase music, add it to my library and then download the new music to my I-pod. I plugged the I-pod into the port on my computer and I got this error message "This I-pod cannot be used because it is not supported on this...
  5. Windows 10 Problem with iPod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Problem with iPod: I used to be able to connect my ipod to itunes in windows 10 on my desktop computer without any problem. Not any more! I've spent at least 10 hours deleting and reloading itunes software--and reading all sorts of possible fixes on the internet...all to no avail. The...
  6. Compatible ipods

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Compatible ipods: Itunes & older ipods compatible with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatible-ipods/98e36d7a-b31d-499e-955d-cadf8f7539eb"
  7. ipod recognition

ipod recognition: having trouble with getting the computer to recognize the ipod . Also the icloud is not functioning on iTunes , it keeps giving me the password section and not recognizing when I enter the information....
  8. Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic

Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic: Windows 10 with iTunes (latest version) 12.8.0.150) will not recognize my IPOD 160GB Classic all of a sudden. It is recognized on all my Apple devices with no problems. Apple señor advisor states that she has had a number of calls in this regard recently. You can't restore...
  9. Ipod not recognized

Ipod not recognized: My Ipod is currently not recognized, something has changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/ipod-not-recognized/0c1cdc2a-ed28-421d-9d3b-67a78e37fc95
  10. iPod Driver Error

iPod Driver Error: I just upgraded to Windows 10 OS. It doesn't recognize my iPod. When I attach to the USB port, I get a message there's a problem with this drive. Then, Disc Check can't be performed because Windows can't access the disk. When I open Settings > Devices, the message says iPod...