Windows 10: Code 19 problem when trying to install a game

Discus and support Code 19 problem when trying to install a game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a game-dvd and tried to install it but nothing comes up saying there's a disk inserted, and I can't install it. i've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LizanyaW, Sep 9, 2020.

1. LizanyaW Win User

Code 19 problem when trying to install a game

I just bought a game-dvd and tried to install it but nothing comes up saying there's a disk inserted, and I can't install it.

i've tried uninstalling/reinstalling dvd/cd-rom drives, ive tried to do a system restore which didn't complete and I don't have any restore points that aren't from yesterday i've tried resetting the autoplay in the control panel and nothing is working!

i've tried another game from the same company that i have which the game is already installed on my computer, but i just wanted to see if it would "load" and even that wouldn't load on my computer.

i have no idea what's wrong and how to fix this, someone please help!

:)

LizanyaW, Sep 9, 2020

2. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 9, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Code 19 problem when trying to install a game - Similar Threads - Code problem trying

2. Solution for Code 19?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution for Code 19?: After an update, my PC running on Windows 11 does not show me a mouse cursor, also it won't recognize any external device connected via USB mouse, keyboard.I tried a hard restart, checking for updates, running diagnostics in MyAsus, but nothing helped.Any solution? Besides a...
  3. error code 0x8008207 on trying to install games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code 0x8008207 on trying to install games: I've tried doing some research on how to fix it, and haven't been able to fix and was wondering if anyone had any advice. when i try to install games through ms store or xbox app it fails and displays error code 0x8008207any help apricated...
  4. error code 0x8008207 on trying to install games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error code 0x8008207 on trying to install games: I've tried doing some research on how to fix it, and haven't been able to fix and was wondering if anyone had any advice. when i try to install games through ms store or xbox app it fails and displays error code 0x8008207any help apricated...
  5. error code 0x8008207 on trying to install games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error Code 19 (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Code 19 (Windows 10): My PC is getting error code 19 (Registry Value Damaged) for my built-in DVD drive. I did update my computer, so that could be the issue. I tried to reinstall the drivers, but it just kept popping up. Anything?...
  7. code 19

code 19: CD/DVD: Windows cannot start this device because it's config info in Reg is incomplete or damaged. (code 19). CD/DVD failure using VxD loader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/code-19/57b280f0-8b6f-41a4-813e-e1ce379ae35e
  8. HID Controler not working (Code 19) [Solution]

in Windows 10 Customization
    HID Controler not working (Code 19) [Solution]: Hello, I'm Renzo Chiarino. This morning I was trying to do some work, but I noticed that my keyboard was not working normally. I started a search for the possible cause or solution. I started with the basics, disconnected and connected the keyboard to another usb, but...
  9. Sony Xperia Android MTP driver problem Code 19

Sony Xperia Android MTP driver problem Code 19: I had an interesting occurrence today, which has popped up elsewhere. It seems that Windows 10 MPT drivers for some portable devices can be a little cantankerous. Basically what happens is when you connect your Android it doesn't start and won't communicate with the PC. In my...
  10. keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19)

keyboard stopped working ! ( code 19): keyboard on my dell laptop has stopped working. Initially device manager code was 19 , after trying to uninstall keyboard and restart code changed twice. once to code 12 then code 10. Now , it shows error code 10. I can't type much since I am using on screen keyboard....