Windows 10: code 38 WIN10

Discus and support code 38 WIN10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated drivers and I'm getting a code 38 error on the HID PTP driver. How do I fix the problem? Windows cannot load the device driver for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonaldCrabtree, Apr 28, 2019.

1. code 38 WIN10

I updated drivers and I'm getting a code 38 error on the HID PTP driver. How do I fix the problem? Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

Any help?

:)

RonaldCrabtree, Apr 28, 2019
  2. fg1926 Win User

38-character "product code"

I ran the troubleshooter for uninstalling a program that isn't listed in Windows 10 apps list that is described at http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

The troubleshooter asks for a 38-character product code.

To find the code, I tried running this command in a command prompt and an administrative command prompt:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product

That was not recognized as a command. Next, in Powershell, I ran
    Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product. I got a list of installed apps with 38-character codes, but the one that I want to uninstall was not on the list.

What should I try next?

fg1926, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 WAN Miniport Code 38

Hi,

Code 45

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
    This error occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected. To resolve this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

No resolution is necessary. This error code is only used to indicate the disconnected status of the device and does not require you to resolve it. The error code resolves automatically when you connect the associated device to the computer.

Additional information

If Device Manager is started with the environment variable

DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES
    set to 1 (which means show these devices), any previously attached (NONPRESENT) devices are displayed in the device list and assigned this error code.

Code 38

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)
    The driver could not be loaded because a previous instance is still loaded. Restart the computer.

Use the Troubleshooting Wizard

If you have not already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, do so now.

• In the device's Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
    • Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide.
    • Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.
    Restart your computer

Click Start, click Shut Down, and then select
    Restart
    in the Shut Down Windows dialog box to restart the computer.

As you are using VPN I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet
    forum which is better suited for the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Olafchief Win User

code 38 WIN10

Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

code 38 WIN10

1. code 38 WIN10 - Similar Threads - code WIN10

2. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  3. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  6. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: Hi,I have a dual boot Win10 Pro PC where one of the bootable installations comes up with the error "Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" during boot up whilst showing the Windows logo.I have tried checking the drive, repairing it with Installation Media and nothing is working.I...
  7. Upgrade Win10 on Dual Boot PC with Stop Code: BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

8. Error code 0x803fa067 on windows 11, NOT upgrading from win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x803fa067 on windows 11, NOT upgrading from win10: I bought a new laptop and installed windows 11 from a flash drive. The laptop did not have an OS installed. When I try to activate windows, I get the error with the code 0x803fa067, saying that windows cannot be activated because I "don't have a valid digital license or...
  9. Error code 0x803fa067 on windows 11, NOT upgrading from win10

Error code 0x803fa067 on windows 11, NOT upgrading from win10: I bought a new laptop and installed windows 11 from a flash drive. The laptop did not have an OS installed. When I try to activate windows, I get the error with the code 0x803fa067, saying that windows cannot be activated because I "don't have a valid digital license or...
  10. Event ID 41 BugCheck Code 80 on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 41 BugCheck Code 80 on Win10: I got Event ID 41 after a normal shutdown, which is the file minidumhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17mxhQ9YzMqY9HjB64OFTqV1gwoVYOITZ/view?usp=sharing. please help...