Windows 10: code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter

Discus and support code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i foolishly didn't do any sort of research or backups or anything. Enter the first update things are GREAT i mean no issues whatsoever a day goes by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ninjuhs, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Ninjuhs Win User

code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter

So i foolishly didn't do any sort of research or backups or anything. Enter the first update things are GREAT i mean no issues whatsoever a day goes by and i'm like hey i might as well see what the next windows update does.
    Now see if your a betting man... You'd probably win here because i sure as hell didn't, Enter the beginning of a series of unfortunate events.. This update took over my screen touch ability replaced with a generic monitor device and matching driver. Whats more is i cant undo the update and go back at this point.
    So i went to windows answers and did what they advised others whom had the same issues. I tried and tried and tried. However couldn't get the HID-Compliant touchscreen device back. I still had the driver at this point it was just ghosted by MS's Monitor driver. It was at this pt i really should have learned my lesson....
    ALWAYS BACK UP! but i pressed forth doing none of that safety crap and my demise ensues. After doing countless updates as advised by MS now have been taken over by Generic hardware adapters and drivers and have had nothing but a glimpse of the original device manager i still had one thing going for me. I had the event logs And i had the drivers... so i contact Tech Support and get the Talk to a real person. and man this guy was great i mean i has impressed i told him what had been going on that ive updated windows and chased its normal errors just to do the next update, then id have to get my drivers in check just to continue just to get to the end of the rabbit hole. and hes "like ill fix it for you RIGHT NOW FOR FREE!!!!" now see heres the thing.... I like "free. Free is nice....."
    But you get what you pay for... Right??
    So i let him remote my device while i took the first break in 4 days of non stop going through the logs and trying to find a way outta this mess i made. i take full responsibility up till this point. I was pissed but it was all me. So he does some troubleshooting and confirms 100% that i was right. Windows just kinda didnt know what to do with my device so it set it up as a normal run of the mill laptop and unless i got to 1803, with my drivers intact i would have a reg laptop. He said 1803 would support those functions that 16299 didnt support them yet. so thats cool. at least i still technically have a recourse.
    So he throws MCT 1803 on here and starts it up. says to let it do its thing then he got off and went home. im guessing it was about 1130pm est. So it fails. I was like 1 gb short of 16 so im like hey i can fix this! But.... let me back everything up because i've learned my lesson this time. So i go to toss everything he just gave me into the google drive and maybe 2 mins passes and my router took a nose dive.. half the file was in the cloud half was still on my drive scattered to hell and back.
    Yay go me... am i right. If it wasn't for bad luck i wouldn't have any.
    so i'm like ill just re do it in the morning i just have to get a new mct 1803 and re run it and make sure i have 16 gb of free space IT'LL BE FINE.. Well to do this id have get the file from MS with the other programs corrupted and scattered accoss multiple folders welli had to have the correct login bc they just changed the credentials to get that program or i was too dumb to find it and too skeptical to download off of any random person....
    So i contact tech support and i just want the mct1803 thats it, At this point im getting a bit fluttered. because the bot wont do it. and i just spent 4 and half days on this already. so enter CJ. another tech. seems ok to me. well hes not not in the slightest... i like ppl but i hate CJ. He offers his help,Im already over this whole thing and we have no personal things to steal off of this unit. so i trusted him to remote it. i mean hey hes a tech from MS right. well my wife called me and i have to goin the other room and he wasnt the talking type anyway. He was just double checking the drivers like me and the first tech did. even tho i told him i only wanted the MCT. so "a few minutes later" go by i come back to a screen that has backup failed. mind u i just spent all morning getting rid of these scattered corrupted files and backing up afterwards having learned my lesson on how i got here. Literally no reason to do this. Im typing to cj trying to see whats up. Just things such as hey, or whats the plan. Nothing no responses. 5mins pass... nothing. 4 mins pass nothing... 10 mins pass nothing.... CJ ends the remote... hes gone.... i was thinking maybe he went so i poke around and see whats up.... He uninstalled the drivers, reset the system, my logs are gone. my backup is gone. DUDE!!!!!! @$#%%$%$. I got code 45 all over this thing. No hid touch even ghosted anymore its just not even listed. I got intel drivers that are ghosted my ms drivers. i mean i honestly do not know where to even start...
    As of this morning I will not contact MS tech support or trust anything Microsoft has to say. Thank you. I could go more into detail but ill spare you as this was an adventure for me.
    It would be nice to see if anyone has some advice or what you need pics of or anything. I have no audio. i have no touch, alteast my keyboard and touch pad work... my power button works but none of the others. its a 32gb device im running one drive and google drive. also my network adapters do work and i guess i could technically remote access my own device from another in the home if i had to. Just in case the monitor driver takeover well you get where im getting at with that one.

:)

Ninjuhs, Jul 29, 2018

2. HID code 45 PLEASE HELP

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your concern with code 45, we recommend that you check this
    thread
    and refer to Amit(Kumar)'s answer.

Keep us posted with the result.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Error Code 45 HID-compliant touch screen

I would love to reinstall the driver from the manufacturer's website; however, the "HID-compatible touchscreen" driver is not available for download, so I am unable to do that. It tried the same fixes as the originator of this thread, as well as several
    other suggested fixes, but none work. I went to my monitor driver also and viewed the "hidden" drivers. The hidden monitor driver says the same thing as the touch screen before I uninstalled it (which I regret): up to date, code 45, not connected. The regular
    monitor driver says it is functioning. All of my drivers say/said up to date. I did a full windows update, and restarted, etc., etc., but that driver is not coming back. If someone would show me how to get the driver back, I would be very grateful! ASUS, Windows
    10 OS, Q504UA, C4JOE95.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AnnieBelly, Jul 29, 2018
  4. code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter

HID-Compliant Touch Screen Code 45

Hello,

Recently I updated the Windows software on my laptop. I was already running Windows 10, and the software I updated to called itself the Creators Update. After updating, my touchscreen began to become unresponsive for random amounts of time before re-enabling
    itself. In doing online research, I discovered how to check my device manager in reference to the problem. Once in device manager, I clicked "show hidden devices" and when I clicked Human Interface Devices, my HID-Compliant touch screen was grey and disabled.
    Once I clicked properties, it showed Error Code 45, that my device was no longer attached. I even reset my computer to the pre-updated software, but the problem persists to this day. I was wondering how I would go about fixing this problem. My laptop is a
    Dell Inspiron 7746. Thanks

Joseph Staub, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter

1. code 45.HID Touch/buttons.Audio. Adapter - Similar Threads - code HID Touch

2. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Code 45 network adapter: Every time I restart my HP laptop or wake it up from sleep, my Broadcom network adapter and Microsoft adaptors develops code 45 error. I have tried all the solutions listed on the forum ie troubleshooting network adpter, using command prompts, uninstalling and re installing...
  3. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 45 network adapter: Every time I restart my HP laptop or wake it up from sleep, my Broadcom network adapter and Microsoft adaptors develops code 45 error. I have tried all the solutions listed on the forum ie troubleshooting network adpter, using command prompts, uninstalling and re installing...
  4. Code 45 network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtek audio drivers code 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio drivers code 45: Well I listened to some forums and had uninstalled it without uninstalling the drivers. Now it isnt even showing up under hidden devices. Ive tried a ton of different drivers from realtek and msi themselves, trying to use legacy versions gives me a bsod. My laptop uses...
  6. Realtek audio drivers code 45

Realtek audio drivers code 45: Well I listened to some forums and had uninstalled it without uninstalling the drivers. Now it isnt even showing up under hidden devices. Ive tried a ton of different drivers from realtek and msi themselves, trying to use legacy versions gives me a bsod. My laptop uses...
  7. HID Keyboard Device Missing (Code 45)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HID Keyboard Device Missing (Code 45): I woke up today and noticed that my keyboard and trackpad were not functioning on my Surface Laptop 3. I went to device manager and saw that both my HID Keyboard Device and HID-compliant mouse were under View-Show Hidden Devices and both had a code 45 and were not connected....
  8. Code 45 Audio Problem

Code 45 Audio Problem: "No audio output devise is installed" Fixed on 7/3/2020 after update was a simple fix and got again after last Windows Update. Realtec Audio High Definition Audio SST came with the Lenovo all in one computer. I have done troubleshoot, uninstall and restart, tried everything I...
  9. WiFi Adapter Code 45

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Code 45: [IMG]Out of the blue, wifi adapter not working. Clicked ‘view hidden devices’ in Device Mamager, found adapter and this is the error showing in properties: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this...
  10. Wireless Adapter Error Code 45

Wireless Adapter Error Code 45: Hello There, I was making a dual boot of ubuntu alongside Windows 10, while installing ubuntu I recognizes that I can't connect to my WiFi .. I canceled the installation and went into my Windows 10, I found that the WiFi icon had gone and there is a red cross in place of it...
Tags: