Windows 10: Code 45 HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

Discus and support Code 45 HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having problems using my CD player which worked less than two months ago. I've received the following error status: "Currently, this hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CD Drive Problem, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Code 45 HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

I'm having problems using my CD player which worked less than two months ago. I've received the following error status:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I have no reason to believe that the hardware has been disconnected it still spins, i.e. has power, when a new CD is inserted. After uninstalling the device, it does not automatically reinstall after rebooting the PC and now does not appear under device manager/hidden devices. I've run chkdsk and fiddled around with the settings, but I believe that this is likely a problem with a recent system update.

Any ideas?

:)

CD Drive Problem, Mar 30, 2020

2. HL-DT-ST DVD+/-RW GH5ON

HL-DT-ST DVD+/-RW GH5ON not showing in device manager when I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Was working before but not now. What is the problem?

DENNISMOORE62, May 25, 2020
  3. DVD player

hi my drive has reappeared in device manager but the HL-DT-ST DVD +-RW GU90N states it is not connected. Code 45- how do I connect? thank you, John Hart

Pastor John (pastorjohn), May 25, 2020
  4. Code 45 HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

optical drive, HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

Hello, I just bought a Dell Inspiron 5559 Laptop.

My HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N SCSI CdRom Device will not auto play either.

Note: No other devices are having issues with auto-play.

I have Windows 7 Professional (x64) Service Pack 1 (build 7601).

I have thoroughly troubleshot the autoplay features for Windows and it does not seem to be a Windows setting in general. This is something with this drive only.

I have set the auto play feature in Control Panel to Ask me every time for all autoplay options.

I have checked the box that says Use autoplay for all devices and media

I have installed all Windows updates and Updated all drivers available through Dell's Support.

Every other type of autoplay works. USB flash drives auto play. I even tested with an external LG USB DVD drive, and that auto plays. This internal DVD drive will not auto play though. I think it is the drive or the SCSI interface, or the settings, drivers,
    or firmware, but not sure where to try next.

I tried the Microsoft Fixit app from
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

That did not work either.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.

I have verified that there are no Nonpresent Devices in the Device Manager that could be conflicting.

I have verified that there is no Local Security Policy preventing auto play. (Which should be obvious as my external DVD drive will auto play. Local Security Policy would kill that too.)

I don't remember the name of the local Service that I checked, to make sure that was running, but obviously it is running as the external DVD and USB flash drive auto play. If the Service was stopped, they would not work either.

Dell does not recognize that there is an issue with this device.

I just set this computer up yesterday. No other software installed other than what came with it and Norton (Note, I did remove McAfee that came with the device.)

If I don't get this resolved will have to send this computer back.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Frank.H.Ligas, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Code 45 HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N

1. Code 45 HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N - Similar Threads - Code DVD+ GU90N

2. driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N: after windows 10 Pro update, my DVD drive only ejects, wont play.driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-dvd-drive-hl-dt-st-dvdrwbd-ca40n/8148ad13-dfb0-460c-b870-5e2a3df7d0fd
  3. driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N: after windows 10 Pro update, my DVD drive only ejects, wont play.driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-dvd-drive-hl-dt-st-dvdrwbd-ca40n/8148ad13-dfb0-460c-b870-5e2a3df7d0fd
  4. driver for dvd drive HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH30N Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH30N Drive.: Properties says the device is working properly but any cd or dvd I put in the drive it cannot read. I have tried the various fixes I found listed but it still is not working. Is the drive too old?...
  6. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH30N Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and have a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH30N Drive.: Properties says the device is working properly but any cd or dvd I put in the drive it cannot read. I have tried the various fixes I found listed but it still is not working. Is the drive too old?...
  7. HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE0N

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE0N: I got as well exactly the same problem after updating Windows 10. DVD ROM read DVD discs but doesn't read data and different formats of music discs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hl-dt-st-dvdram-gue0n/60f09c45-c5a8-4f67-9395-aaa09a34470c
  8. HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N Not recognising Blank DVD / CDs

HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N Not recognising Blank DVD / CDs: Hi I tried to copy files to both CD and DVD but got this message: Windows can't read disc in Drive D: I tried to uninstall and reinstall in the device manager, but no luck I have a Dell inspiron 3250. Disc drive HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N Any help would be appreciated....
  9. HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUB0N hidden/missing DVD Rom

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUB0N hidden/missing DVD Rom: I have the above driver on my Windows 10 PC - it appears in Device Manager, but only when show hidden devices is on. The device says it is disconnected, but it's not it's plugged in, used to work fine then a windows update at some point stopped it. i open the Device...
  10. HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT20N won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT20N won't work: This is the error message that I get in the device manager. "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" I have used the troubleshooter and applied the fix but it didn't work. The DVD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GU90N

2. hl-dt-st dvd rw gu90n driver