Windows 10: Code View F12 not working anymore

Discus and support Code View F12 not working anymore in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi, I am having problem with F12 - developers tools with edge, I cannot see code of any website, what's going on??? thanks it loads for a second then... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by gabgab, Nov 13, 2018.

1. gabgab Win User

Code View F12 not working anymore

hi, I am having problem with F12 - developers tools with edge, I cannot see code of any website, what's going on??? thanks

it loads for a second then disappears. it's not website-dependant.

thanks
    gabrio

:)

gabgab, Nov 13, 2018

2. F12 Developer Tools

Hi Fred,

Thank you for replying with the status. We apologize for the delay in response.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you not able to access Tools option from the IE11 settings page?
    • What happens when you click on the F12 developer tools from the tools menu?

We reproduced the issue from our end and we find that it is possible to disable F12 developer by clicking on the
    F12 Developer Tools option from IE11 tools (easier way, press
    Alt +X keys on the keyboard) settings window.

F12 tools provides a view of how the web pages are interpreted on a code level. F12 tools also help identify and report about elements on the page such as links and image reports.
    F12 developer tools are supposed to show you the programming code of that particular page which you are currently viewing. Using the F12 developer tools, you can debug, test, and speed up your webpages.

To know more about F12 developer, refer to the link below on Using the F12 developer tools:

Using the F12 developer tools (Windows)

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 13, 2018
  3. F12 button is not working

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether the issue persists in On Screen Keyboard too and is the issue specific to F12.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to enable the On Screen Keyboard and check if you are able to access the keys using the OSK.

Type On Screen Keyboard on the search bar and press enter. This will open the keyboard provided in windows 10.

If the issue doesn't persists in OSK, I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Code View F12 not working anymore

Disable F12 Developer Tools

F12 Developer tools has made my internet browser (all) unusable. Entering data is one key at a time interspersed with closing the DT. I have the Home Edition of Windows 10 and have all the updates, tried opening IE, going to gears and F12 DT is listed
    but there is no way to UNCHECK it as was suggested in an earlier blog. Please tell me how to get rid of the F12 Developer tools or at least disable. I am writing this on my MAC because the F12 DT kept popping up when I tried to input this on my Windows 10
    desktop. HELP

DarleneAlexander_994, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Code View F12 not working anymore

1. Code View F12 not working anymore - Similar Threads - Code View F12

2. F1 to F12 keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    F1 to F12 keys are not working: I have a dell letitude E7450 laptop. I have a minor issue with the laptop that my any F key is not working properly. all keys are properly working no any hardware issue but the issue is that when I press any F4 key my mic turns off but when I press Alt+F4 power menu does not...
  3. compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.: Windows 11. After last update compact view doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compact-view-in-windows-explorer-doesnt-work/f171686b-5507-4e7e-9662-987447c5b283
  4. compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.: Windows 11. After last update compact view doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compact-view-in-windows-explorer-doesnt-work/f171686b-5507-4e7e-9662-987447c5b283
  5. f12 key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f12 key not working: hi i have hp envy 15 x360 with windows 11. I used to change my fan speed with f12 key but now when i press f12 key id doesn't open. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f12-key-not-working/236da516-d8a6-4246-b13a-72d13067cee5
  6. f12 key not working

f12 key not working: hi i have hp envy 15 x360 with windows 11. I used to change my fan speed with f12 key but now when i press f12 key id doesn't open. please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f12-key-not-working/236da516-d8a6-4246-b13a-72d13067cee5
  7. compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.: Compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compact-view-in-windows-explorer-doesnt-work/2682583f-1825-4b65-b8e4-d18be7a35df1
  8. compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.

compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore.: Compact view in Windows Explorer doesn't work anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compact-view-in-windows-explorer-doesnt-work/2682583f-1825-4b65-b8e4-d18be7a35df1
  9. laptop f1 - f12 keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop f1 - f12 keys not working: my function keys on my laptop are not working properly. my f5 is for keyboard lighting, but works as refreshing a webpage or windows screen. I've tried updating drivers, restarting multiple times, nothing seems to work. can anyone suggest a solution to this problem please....
  10. F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    F1-F12 funtion keys are not working.: Dell Inspirion LT, WIN 10 Home 64bit Ver 1909. Anyone had this issue? HELP please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f1-f12-funtion-keys-are-not-working/544ce7be-fcdd-4a59-b24f-f8da6e06ca2b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f12 doesnt work anymore