Windows 10: codec for mp4 video

Discus and support codec for mp4 video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SylvieBombardier, Aug 19, 2021.

1. codec for mp4 video

when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?

:)

SylvieBombardier, Aug 19, 2021
  2. chipwood Win User
    chipwood, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Richard Win User
    How do I get Picasa showing MP4 videos?

My research suggests that in order to get MP4s visible in Picasa (on Windows 10) I need to either install QuickTime or a codec pack.

Both options aren't particularly appealing (for security and stability reasons).

Is there another way to get MP4 videos displayed in Picasa?

(Changing photo software isn't an option)

Richard, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

codec for mp4 video

Playing MP4 files

MP4 is a container file, a lot depends on the codecs within that.
    MP4 can be played with Windows 10 with Films & TV, Photos, Windows Media Player, and VLC.
    If those can't then there must be something odd/unusual in the file.

Right click the File > Properties > Details Tab.
    see if that gives you more info, should be some info on the video/audio but not codecs.

Try the suggestions from post #3.

You have to be careful as viruses are propogated by people simply changing the filename extension and auto-forwarding via an infected PC and a compromised address list.
    So a targeted scan with AV is necessary for every file attachement even if apparently from someone you know.

Helmut, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

codec for mp4 video

1. codec for mp4 video - Similar Threads - codec mp4 video

2. video codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  3. video codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  4. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  5. VP9 Video Codec

VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  6. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  7. Mp4 videos

Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  8. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  9. ?Codec? to watch video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ?Codec? to watch video: I cannot watch a video on my laptop windows 10 from the SD card from my camera . ?? I may need to add a "codec" WTH? is it free and can someone help me to put this on my computer please....
  10. Playing MP4 but Missing Codec 0x8007000e

Playing MP4 but Missing Codec 0x8007000e: Morning all This has been an intermittent issue on this installation. [img] It plays fine one minute but next time i'd get this. Also apps that need video or 3d display report that direct x is missing, whereas it wasn't at the beginning of the session. dxdiag reports no...