Windows 10: ?Codec? to watch video

Discus and support ?Codec? to watch video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot watch a video on my laptop windows 10 from the SD card from my camera . ?? I may need to add a "codec" WTH? is it free and can someone help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RenaPaul, Apr 4, 2020.

1. RenaPaul Win User

?Codec? to watch video

I cannot watch a video on my laptop windows 10 from the SD card from my camera . ?? I may need to add a "codec" WTH? is it free and can someone help me to put this on my computer please.

:)

RenaPaul, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 4, 2020
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

?Codec? to watch video

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

Thema:

?Codec? to watch video

1. ?Codec? to watch video - Similar Threads - Codec watch video

2. video codecs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  3. video codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  4. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  5. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  6. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  7. Watching Video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Watching Video: I am having problems with loading Video Lectures from a on line college. It just started and I have had no problems in the past. A 30 min lecture use to play from start to finish without any stops to load. Now. its loads for 5 mins, plays for about 2 mins and then needs to...
  8. Watching Videos on hdmi

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching Videos on hdmi: I watch a lot of videos using the hdmi in Windows 10. Is there anyway to pause the video and then restart it with hdmi? Normally I use Media Player Classic watching the videos. 139093
  9. WATCH VIDEOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WATCH VIDEOS: HAVE WINDOWS [ CRAP ] 10. WHY THE HELL IS IT AN ACT OF CONGRESS TO INSTALL OR UPGRADE ADOBE FLASH. DAMN POP UPS. SAYS IT WAS INSTALLED, GO CHECK A VIDEO, SAYS TO UPGRADE ADOBE OR INSTALL. I AM REALLY PISSED, NOTHING EVER, EVER WORKS RIGHT...
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...