Windows 10: Coffee Lake/Windows 7

Discus and support Coffee Lake/Windows 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone come up with drivers to allow Windows 7 mouse/keyboard to function on Coffee Lake CPUs - without having to reinstall W7, which is ready to roll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by borgus, Mar 3, 2020.

1. borgus Win User

Coffee Lake/Windows 7

Anyone come up with drivers to allow Windows 7 mouse/keyboard to function on Coffee Lake CPUs - without having to reinstall W7, which is ready to roll but for those controls.

:)

borgus, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

Installing Windows 7 on Coffee Lake

That may not be an option shortly, now that Microsoft has acquired GitHub, I'm sure they will tightly control all third party software.

Caring1, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 7 on Coffee Lake

Hey all,

So, to spare you all the lengthy explanation of why I need to do it, I'll just ask what I'm trying to accomplish and see if the masterful TPU community can help me out. I've just put together a new Coffee Lake system which I need to install Windows 7 on. I need to perform the installation from a DVD that is loaded into a USB optical drive (an Asus SBW-06D2X-U).

I've done a bit of digging myself to try and see if I can get it done without bothering anyone and what I found https://aureus.pw/topic/1528-how-to-install-windows-7-on-skylake-kaby-lake-coffee-lake/) said that I should disable xHCI handoff in the machine's BIOS (which I did) and change the O/S setting to "Other OS" (which I did). I then tried to boot up the Windows 7 installer and it got to the Language/Keyboard selection screen but neither my mouse or keyboard was responding at that stage. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction or give me some constructive advice that may allow me to try to successfully complete what I'm trying here (I don't mind if there is a bit of faffing around, I just want to see if I can do this)

Mobo in use is an Asus H370-I Gaming in case that is needed. Also, if any other info is needed, please let me know and I'll post it up.

I would welcome any assistance *Smile Coffee Lake/Windows 7 :)

Devastator0, Mar 3, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Coffee Lake/Windows 7

Intel "Coffee Lake" Architecture by Q2-2018, 7 nm Process By 2022?

Intel's silicon fabrication has evidently hit a huge roadblock. It turns out that not just "Kaby Lake," but its two successors "Cannon Lake" and "Coffee Lake" could also be built on the 14 nm node, at best with a few process-level improvements. "Coffee Lake" is the company's 9th generation Core architecture, which is two steps ahead of even the "Kaby Lake" architecture, which is due later this year. "Kaby Lake" makes its way to the 45W mobile (H-segment) and 15W mobile (U-segment), in Q4-2016 and Q3-2016, respectively. The 15W U-segment will be augmented by "Cannon Lake" (8th generation Core) in Q4-2017. By mid-2018, Intel plans to launch "Coffee Lake" across both H- and U-segments.

According to a "Hot Hardware" report, based on a job listing for a systems engineer at the company, Intel could be staring at the scary prospect of holding out on 14 nm for the next three years, only to be relieved by the stopgap 10 nm node, which makes its debut with the 10th generation Core "Tiger Lake" architecture, due for 2019. "Tiger Lake," its succeeding "Ice Lake," and one other architecture could be launched on 10 nm, before finally deploying 7 nm around 2022.

Coffee Lake/Windows 7 57a_thm.jpg

Sources: HotHardware, AnandTech Forums

btarunr, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Coffee Lake/Windows 7

1. Coffee Lake/Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Coffee Lake

2. Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake: After upgrading to WIndows 11 22H2, I noted a significant performance degradation running python programs in the PowerShell. For example, a cpu bound program which normally took about 50 seconds to run now takes about 90 seconds. The problem seems to be specific to the Intel...
  3. Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Python performance degradation with Windows 11 22H2 and Intel Alder Lake: After upgrading to WIndows 11 22H2, I noted a significant performance degradation running python programs in the PowerShell. For example, a cpu bound program which normally took about 50 seconds to run now takes about 90 seconds. The problem seems to be specific to the Intel...
  4. I want Mountain Lake scene back on my screen please. I hate the drying lake you stuck on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want Mountain Lake scene back on my screen please. I hate the drying lake you stuck on...: You kept asking me if I liked a new picture when I first opened my lap top. I loved the mountain lake scene, the one you STUCK me with is ugly of a drying up lake and it is depressing. Please replace the original picture of the mountain lake scene for me. Thank you....
  5. I want Mountain Lake scene back on my screen please. I hate the drying lake you stuck on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Mountain Lake scene back on my screen please. I hate the drying lake you stuck on...: You kept asking me if I liked a new picture when I first opened my lap top. I loved the mountain lake scene, the one you STUCK me with is ugly of a drying up lake and it is depressing. Please replace the original picture of the mountain lake scene for me. Thank you....
  6. I want Mountain Lake scene back on my screen please. I hate the drying lake you stuck on...

7. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake: is any update regarding windows upgrade on specified processor? or will it be FOREVER unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-7th-gen-kaby-lake/39b4c045-8767-436e-a9c6-8487650ea59c
  8. Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake

Intel 7th Gen Kaby Lake: is any update regarding windows upgrade on specified processor? or will it be FOREVER unsupported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-7th-gen-kaby-lake/39b4c045-8767-436e-a9c6-8487650ea59c
  9. Intel Disabling TSX On Certain CPUs, Skylake And Coffee Lake Affected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Disabling TSX On Certain CPUs, Skylake And Coffee Lake Affected: Intel Disabling TSX On Certain CPUs, Skylake And Coffee Lake Affected Intel recently introduced a microcode update to their CPUs earlier this month included in a recent update to it's developer guide. Interestingly, Intel has begun to disable the Transactional...
  10. Intel will release 8th-gen Coffee Lake chips this year - still 14nm

in Windows 10 News
    Intel will release 8th-gen Coffee Lake chips this year - still 14nm: Intel's eighth-generation Core CPUs, codenamed Coffee Lake, will launch in the second half of 2017—far earlier than the 2018 launch period suggested by supposed product roadmaps leaked last year. At its Investor Day event last week, Intel confirmed that its 8th-gen chips...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. core i9 12th gen on win7

2. install windows 7 on comet lake