Windows 10: Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open

Discus and support Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. The Coffeecup HTML Editor is now slow to open. The box which says do you wish to allow this app to make changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by keithwjones, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open

Have upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. The Coffeecup HTML Editor is now slow to open.

The box which says do you wish to allow this app to make changes to your computer comes up quickly.

Then the circle and cursor start to shudder and it takes 12 secs for editor to open.

Also when I load a project I get:
    Error restoring device context.

Coffeecup believe the issue is because I have not done a clean install.

Keith

:)

keithwjones, Sep 8, 2015

2. can i add the "edit" to the right click on a file type?

You can edit the file if you have an HTML editor. Otherwise you can associate the file with Word pad or some other editor, then the edit dialogue will appear. Right click the file > Properties > open with word pad or some other editor. This will associate
    the file with the editor and give you that option to edit.

MikeSnyder61704, Sep 8, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    default html editor

Hi Paul,

In Firefox, type about:config into the address bar and hit enter

You will be see a list of options

In the filter box type view_source

Double-click on view_source.editor.external to change its value to true

Double-click on view_source.editor.path and set it to C:\Program Files\Notepad++\notepad++.exe - or whatever is the location of Notepad++

DaveM121, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open

1. Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open - Similar Threads - Coffeecup HTML Editor

2. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  3. HTML files are not opening in Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTML files are not opening in Chrome: Chrome is set as a default browser, but HTML files are not opening in Chrome but they do get opened in edge and mozilla?Issue replicated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-files-are-not-opening-in-chrome/20adb595-28e2-4147-a68e-b8a1f813f30a
  4. HTML Editor with HTML Validation

HTML Editor with HTML Validation: Anyone know of a good HTML editor that has a built in validation tool like this: [ATTACH] Thanks, Sonnie
  5. Registry Editor not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Editor not opening: My Nvideo Geforce drivers weren't working so I looked up a fix online, this is what I followedAfter copy pasting C: \ Program Files and C: \ Program Files x86 in there spots, it did nothing but give error messages, when I try and open registry editor I get these error...
  6. How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10: When I right click on a local html file I mean, a file in my documents, not on the web, there is no option "Edit", only Open. I tried running Notepad++ as administrator, Setting>Preferences>File association, and registered both html and txt extensions, but it did not achieve...
  7. Cannot open HTML files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open HTML files: I am struggling to suddenly not be able to open my HTML files that edit on Expression Web 4. I am using windows 10 ver 1903 I get the error message Server Error:The server extensions were unable to access the file E:\New Volume\4_para_sqn_re\lincolnshire_page1.htm Please...
  8. how do I open .php and .html files with PHP editor Eclipse?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I open .php and .html files with PHP editor Eclipse?: when i go to the control panel's option "associate a file type with a default program", my IDE named Eclipse, which is a PHP editor is not in the list of programs to choose from. how can I set .php, .php3, .html and .htm files to open automatically with this program? is...
  9. html

in Windows 10 Support
    html: There is something that I don't understand about a hyperlink: I did a copy/paste from a tutorial on a website which gave me the following : <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <h2>HTML Links</h2> <p><a href="https://www.w3schools.com/html/">Visit our HTML tutorial</a></p> </body>...
  10. Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor: OK so I have Word 2013 installed and I want it to be the HTML editor in IE 11 [Version 11.0.10240.16431 loaded]. The Internet Options page for HTML editing on my PC only allows me to choose Notepad. How do I add to the drop down menu WORD or is this desired...