Windows 10: Cold boot just sits at boot screen

Discus and support Cold boot just sits at boot screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This just started happening about a week ago, Clean installed last night. Happened again this morning. Turn computer on > Posts > Shows windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HuntersPad, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Cold boot just sits at boot screen

This just started happening about a week ago, Clean installed last night. Happened again this morning.

Turn computer on > Posts > Shows windows loading screen with the circle spinning, Just sits there indefiantly until I turn it off and back on again then it'll boot. Any ideas on where to start? Is this a recent bug with Windows?

If this was a motherboard issue I would think it wouldnt get as far as it does.

specs:

Z390 Arous pro

32GB 3000mhz ram

512GB Samsung Evo 970 Nvme

GTX 1070 Ti

submitted by /u/HuntersPad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HuntersPad, Nov 7, 2019
  2. mrhuggles Win User

Vista 32bit crash on cold boot

my vista 32 crashes on cold boot during the booting screen [the one with the little bits of dots that go in a loop]

it only does it on cold boots, never ever ever warm boots, and every single cold boot, is there a place in the registry where actions are performed "only on cold boots"?

mrhuggles, Nov 7, 2019
  3. kyle2020 Win User
    Cold boot issue, very frustrating!

its from a 100% cold boot. Ill try the overclock thing, and also run some memtest tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I do appreciate it. That USB one seems strange but ill try it! *Toast :toast:

kyle2020, Nov 7, 2019
  4. billybob Win User

Cold boot just sits at boot screen

9700 Pro cold boot syndrome

I have a powercolor 9700 pro that has the cold boot syndrome (fails post on cold boot, reset machine and everthing works fine). Does anyone know if flashing to the latest vid bios will remedy that? The card has been tried in D865PERL, Soyo P4S, ASUS P4S800D-X, Soyo Dragon Ultra (Platinum), and now an ECS NForce3-A. *Mad Cold boot just sits at boot screen :mad: All mobos exhibit the same problem. On some other forums, people have claimed that changing memory timings has helped. Any suggestions?

billybob, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Cold boot just sits at boot screen

1. Cold boot just sits at boot screen - Similar Threads - Cold boot sits

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after booting from a cold boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from a cold boot: Hey guys, so whenever I boot my pc especially from a cold state, the pc post, and boots and I get a black screen after loading the icon in the bios. Both my mouse and keyboard don't work and the cursor won't show up. Only RGB lightning works and when I press caps lock or num...
  6. Cold Boot Hangup - Froze before Windows 10 Boot Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cold Boot Hangup - Froze before Windows 10 Boot Screen: Good morning all! *Cool Posting here since it appears to be a hardware issue. I perform a full shutdown every night. This morning on startup I got the (hardware?) Boot Screen and it froze there not moving to the Windows Boot Screen. I tried again from a full shutdown and all...
  7. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  8. BSOD on cold boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  9. Slow warm boot & Fast cold boot

Slow warm boot & Fast cold boot: Hello, My Lenovo laptop is pretty fast at cold boot. It takes about 12 seconds from initial bios screen to desktop. On the other hand, warm boot is really slow. The same period takes about 51 seconds, involving a long black screen. Actually, it was similiar at...
  10. Cold boot issues

Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...