Windows 10: Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD

Discus and support Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey lads! I started having a weird issue on my PCs running Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Intel 8700K and AMD 2600) a couple of weeks ago. What happens is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sephiroth_vg, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD

Hey lads! I started having a weird issue on my PCs running Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Intel 8700K and AMD 2600) a couple of weeks ago. What happens is that the first boot of the day takes around 1 Minute on the Intel and doesn't even post properly until a reset on the AMD. Both PCs remain black screen with the fans on full until they actually boot. I went through the update list but there hasn't been any major update apart from cumulative ones so that doesn't ring any alarm bells with me either.

Does anyone have any ideas what can be causing this? Googling told me to try to disable fast boot which I did on both but the problem is still there!

PC Specs are follows: Intel 8700K, MSI Z370 MPG Pro Carbon, 2x16GB Crucial 3200 CL16, 2080 RTX, 2x Samsung 970 EVO 512 GBs, STX II ASUS, Mellanox 10Gbps Fiber NIC.

AMD: 2600, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming X470, 4x8GB Kingston 3200 CL16, GTX 1070, 2x Samsung 960 EVO, 2xSeagate HDDs mirrored with Storage Spaces.

submitted by /u/sephiroth_vg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sephiroth_vg, Mar 18, 2020
  2. PBNET Win User

Windows 10 BSODs on cold boot on an ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1

Hello,

I've put the last driver available on AMD's site (http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64). and the issue still persists
    on cold boot.

adpu320.sys - no new drivers exists for the Adaptec SCSI Ultra320

asstor64.sys - already installed the latest Intel RST Drivers

Can't pinpoint what AsIO.sys is for....

I've completely removed the AMD drivers from the machine (from Program and Features, then used AMD Cleanup utility -

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx
    ), yet the BSOD on cold boot still exists.

What do you suggest ?

Thanks,

Andy

PBNET, Mar 18, 2020
  3. raptori Win User
    X79 sabertooth with long cold boot and NIC problem ...

Hello everyone , I have x79 sabertooth mobo and I don't remember having any problem the last time I used it ( 6 months ago) I have dual system each on different SSD one old win10 and one just installed , the problem(s) on both systems now are:

long cold boot (specifically windows 10 loading rotating dots ).
    In device manager Intel NIC have a yellow triangle with code 10
    In device manager intel management engine interface have a yellow triangle with(STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE)

I tried drivers on ASUS web page , or updating drivers from device manager , clean windows install , turn-off fast boot within windows ,reflashing bios with latest from asus although it's very old .

all of these problems disappear if I give the PC a normal restart !! and always come back at a cold boot, so anyone have such problems or know what could be the cause ?

I also noticed that there is No LAN light after every cold boot until I restart the PC ( could it be a HW problem ?)

Thanks.

raptori, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD

Windows 10 PC, issues with sleep and slow boots

This is my fiancees machine, recently assembled out of spare parts. Previous setup did not have this issue, so its confusing me. Only real change is the ram and CPU from an i5 2400

i5 2320
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3
    Corsair GS600W PSU
    XFX 6870 1GB
    1TB samsung HDD.

Windows 10.

So the problems are fun and interesting:

1. The intel management Interface is showing a Code 10 "status_device_power_failure" in device manager. I've tried 9.5, 10 and 11 drivers from the intel website. same problem on all.

2. Sleep mode simply does not work - waking the system seems to work, after 2 seconds it reboots and powers up from a cold boot like it was hibernated (boots very slowly too). With hibernate disabled, it just does a very slow cold boot.

3. I may just be used to SSD's, but the system seems to boot a lot slower than i expect it should even from a cold boot.

Thoughts, suggestions, fixes etc?

Mussels, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD

1. Cold boot problems on Windows 10- Intel and AMD - Similar Threads - Cold boot problems

2. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  3. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  4. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  6. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...
  7. Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel/Amd switchable graphics problem: hey, i need some help. I bought a HP 15-bs021nm a moth ago, and it has intel hd 520 and Radeon 520 graphics. I want to play games with it, but the problem is it uses intel hd instad of the radeon graphics. How do i set radeon to be the default graphics adapter? specs in...
  8. Problems after cold boot today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after cold boot today.: Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output....
  9. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...
  10. Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Will Not Cold Boot: I upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything went fine until about a week later when I could no longer cold boot. I'd get the Windows logo and the spinning dots, but Windows would never load. I'd manually turn the power on and off several...