Windows 10: Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel

Discus and support Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Almost every time after shutting down overnight and starting the computer in the morning Windows 10 loads extremely slowly with a "slow motion" (low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manstie, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Manstie Win User

Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel

Almost every time after shutting down overnight and starting the computer in the morning Windows 10 loads extremely slowly with a "slow motion" (low framerate) loading wheel/spinner. Only ever happens on a cold boot after a long time being off. Apparently this started happening after a certain windows update (post winver 1709)?

Here is the system event viewer from power on to winlogon:

Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category

Information 18-Jan-19 9:11:24 AM Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon 7001 (1101) User Logon Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program

Warning 18-Jan-19 9:09:11 AM Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client 1014 (1014) Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:08 AM Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter 1 None "The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎17T12:25:33.418803400Z

Wake Time: ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎17T23:09:06.495264200Z

Wake Source: Unknown"

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:06 AM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot 32 (58) The bootmgr spent 0 ms waiting for user input.

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:06 AM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot 18 (57) There are 0x1 boot options on this system.

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:06 AM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot 27 (33) The boot type was 0x1.

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:06 AM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot 25 (32) The boot menu policy was 0x1.

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:06 AM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot 30 (21) The firmware reported boot metrics.

Warning 18-Jan-19 9:09:06 AM e1iexpress 27 None "Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection

Network link is disconnected.

"

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:05 AM BROWSER 8033 None The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{958D9DA4-92F3-431D-A09E-51B7175A0100} because a master browser was stopped.

Information 18-Jan-19 9:09:03 AM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General 1 (5) "The system time has changed to ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎17T23:09:03.500000000Z from ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎17T12:25:35.841898900Z.

Change Reason: System time synchronized with the hardware clock."

:)

Manstie, Jan 17, 2019

2. Nokia 930 Slow Motion and 4K Query

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Did you want slow motion option in the phone?
    If you want phone with slow motion option, you may want to speak to the store if they can exchange with the one that has. Unfortunately, there is no app that can serve the purpose as slow motion option is internal phone option by the manufacturer.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 17, 2019
  3. ElderJohn Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jan 17, 2019
  4. LCRT Win User

Nokia 930 Slow Motion and 4K Query

I don't think you have any idea of what you are talking about.

The 930 is precisely one of the few phones that supports slow motion in Microsoft Camera.

In a Microsoft post from last November

"Slow-motion video has been one of the most frequent requests we hear from people using the Camera app on Windows Phone and Windows 10. So, we’re happy to announce that you can now capture slow-motion video with Camera for Windows 10 on Lumia 930, Lumia
    1520 and Lumia Icon phones. The latest Windows build now supports video capture of 120 fps in 720p resolution. To start capturing slow-motion video, select the Video button on the Camera screen, and then select the icon with the turtle."

Thema:

1. Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel - Similar Threads - Cold boot takes

2. Gaming Laptop takes over 2 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gaming Laptop takes over 2 minutes to boot: Hello! So I have installed a few games on my laptop recently and it seems like it's taking way longer to boot like 2 minutes. I checked to make sure fast boot was enabled which it was and task manager doesn't have anything starting up. I restarted my laptop one day and it...
  3. Gaming Laptop takes over 2 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Laptop takes over 2 minutes to boot: Hello! So I have installed a few games on my laptop recently and it seems like it's taking way longer to boot like 2 minutes. I checked to make sure fast boot was enabled which it was and task manager doesn't have anything starting up. I restarted my laptop one day and it...
  4. Gaming Laptop takes over 2 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow Motion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Motion: I would like to know if I can change the video speed in different segments of a video clip. For example, normal speed in the beginning, faster in the middle and slower at the ending of the video....
  6. Slow Motion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Motion: I would like to know if I can change the video speed in different segments of a video clip. For example, normal speed in the beginning, faster in the middle and slower at the ending of the video....
  7. Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 takes 2 minutes to boot on this screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k09xpo/windows_10_takes_2_minutes_to_boot_on_this_screen/
  8. Slow Motion Booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Motion Booting: My regards dear friend of the Microsoft community: A few days ago I turned my laptop on just to see the booting process in slow motion. When the process finally ends, I opened a window. It launched in slow motion too! I restarted de laptop and the process was again in slow...
  9. Slow Cold Boot on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Cold Boot on SSD: Hi My problem is slow boot time on SSD (NVMe 960 EVO) for first boot but the warm boot is not bad! This happens after updating some drivers or Windows itself! Also i disabled SysMain service and not help. Is there a way to measure which driver take long time to boot or some...
  10. slow cold boot (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow cold boot (sometimes): Ok, have a Sabertooth x79/3930k and an Intel 750ssd 1.2tb. Sometimes on a cold boot it will take say 15 seconds to load to desktop and sometimes over double that 30 seconds or so. Also it warm boots consistently in the 30 second range. Any help to understand the cold...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd slow cold boot windows 10

2. slow boot 2 minutes