Windows 10: Collage Screensaver Required

Discus and support Collage Screensaver Required in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Like many others I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. So far all is well. One of the features that I rather liked on the previous OS, was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoabUtah, Sep 8, 2015.

1. MoabUtah Win User

Collage Screensaver Required

Like many others I have upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. So far all is well.

One of the features that I rather liked on the previous OS, was the option for a collage of photographs for use as a screensaver. Now if memory serves me correctly, this wasn't actually shipped with Windows 7 but was an additional download from, I believe, MSM Live. There are other collage screensavers available; but none as elegant as this one that selected a maximum of 4 photographs to be displayed on a beige background.

I wonder whether any other members might have come across this and might be able to advise where I might find it as a download or even, where it might have been on my previous installation? The whole system was backed up prior to the 'MS update' as a 'just in case' measure. My attempts to find it have failed .... I was rather hoping it would be in the System32 directory with the other .scr files. But alas it is not there, or if it is, it is not readily identifiable.

Could any members here offer any assistance please.

:)

MoabUtah, Sep 8, 2015
  2. Angela_33 Win User

Photo collage screen saver in Windows 10

Thank you for your response. However, it did not really fix what I needed. I am not trying to change the lock screen or desktop background. Rather I simply wanted the screensaver to show my photos in the collage format as it had previously. Currently the
    photos do appear as a screensaver slideshow, just not as a collage. Maybe this option was removed with an update???

Angela_33, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Brianhf Win User
    collage screensaver in windows 10

My new windows 10 machine seems to have set itself up with a very cool photo collage screensaver. It fills each part of the screen with a picture in a puzzle style pattern which pans and zooms. However, I don't like the photos it is (was) using, so I want
    to change the folder it uses for the pictures, which I cannot figure out how to do.

I have tried "photo gallery" and "collage" in screensaver, but it just shows a few pictures on top of a canvas like background.

How can I get the original, cool collage screensaver back, and how do I change the folder settings?

Thanks everyone!!!

Brianhf, Sep 8, 2015
  4. MoabUtah Win User

It is typical that the moment I posted this thread, a name popped into my head. Windows Essentials

Looked online, downloaded the 2012 pack and lo and behold I now have my beloved collage screensaver once more. Thanks for reading ..... riddle solved. *Smile

MoabUtah, Sep 8, 2015
  5. MoabUtah Win User
    Spoke too soon .... that was the program but alas there is no longer an option for collage!

Any ideas?

MoabUtah, Sep 8, 2015
  6. Bullet100 Win User
    The default Windows Photo Screensaver doesn't do this?

Bullet100, Sep 8, 2015
  7. MoabUtah Win User
    Sadly no ..... only options are for the speed of the photo's and whether to shuffle the contents. *Sad

MoabUtah, Sep 8, 2015
  8. Bullet100 Win User

There's also the ability to select a folder containing photos.
    Maybe I'm just not understanding what you want then...?

Bullet100, Sep 8, 2015
  9. MoabUtah Win User
    Just removed the 2012 version and tried the 2011. Still no joy, but there is a message shown on the settings page that says 'This computer's video card can't play themes' So perhaps that's the issue here ..... must be the only thing this video card cannot do .... it's pretty beefy otherwise. Still confused????

MoabUtah, Sep 8, 2015
  10. Bullet100 Win User
    Sounds like whatever feature you want isn't supported in Windows 10 anymore.

Bullet100, Sep 8, 2015
  11. MoabUtah Win User
    Sorry, posted before I saw your reply. Yes, you first select the folder that you want to display, then select collage [if it was there] and the screensaver then displays 4 random photos from your folder. After the first set of four, it repeats the process with a new selection.

Or at least it would if it worked!

I shall explore the video card message in case I need to tweak something there.

Thanks for trying to help *Smile

MoabUtah, Sep 8, 2015
  12. MoabUtah Win User
    Okay, well some more digging around and I find that this video card not playing themes relates to a poor Windows Experience Score! and it was happening quite a lot with Windows 7 and Vista systems too.

Just read a very interesting article windows experience index in windows 10 and applied the given command at the Command prompt .... hey presto, collage is now an option.

I sincerely trust that this will stay for me *Smile so once again, I am marking this thread as Solved ...... fingers crossed *Wink

MoabUtah, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Collage Screensaver Required - Similar Threads - Collage Screensaver Required

2. Cast screensaver collage to tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast screensaver collage to tv: I love the way the MS screensaver displays my photos in a random collage but it is restricted to display only on my PC. Is there a way I can cast this from Windows 10 to the TV's Firestick or save it as a file that could be sent to the TV via Bluetooth so the whole...
  3. Cast screensaver collage to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cast screensaver collage to tv: I love the way the MS screensaver displays my photos in a random collage but it is restricted to display only on my PC. Is there a way I can cast this from Windows 10 to the TV's Firestick or save it as a file that could be sent to the TV via Bluetooth so the whole...
  4. Cast screensaver collage to tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Slideshow collage wallpaper

Slideshow collage wallpaper: I really like the slideshow collage on my lock screen. I use a slideshow as wallpaper on the desktop and I'd like to have that as a collage too, but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it either within Win 10 or via an app. Can anyone help?...
  6. Desktop Collage

Desktop Collage: I have been really fond of the way Windows makes a randomized collage for the screensaver on the lock screen. Is there a way either through code, software, or settings that I may be missing to have the desktop background have the same random collage effect?...
  7. phototastic collage purchase

phototastic collage purchase: how do i access the premium pack for the phototastic collage app purchased from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phototastic-collage-purchase/abcffda5-6a29-443e-baa1-9df3a41e0c47
  8. Phototastic Collage

Phototastic Collage: I recently bought a new laptop and downloaded Phototastic Collage app with no problems. Then I tried downloading a few free upgrades. The app is saying they were installed, but can't find them anywhere. Is there a setting or update I'm missing somewhere?...
  9. Auto collage

Auto collage: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Research\AutoCollage 2008\" I have this installed having bought a copy many years ago but I cannot buy/obtain the key to unlock the program on my new PC. Can anyone help?...
  10. Folder of Images, any good screensavers that random and collage

Folder of Images, any good screensavers that random and collage: Hi, I am on the hunt for a quality windows 10 screensaver that can read a folder of images and run a screensaver that lays one image on top of another constantly... is there any decent screensavers out there? I have tried ACDSEE's internal screensaver (Not bad, but...