Windows 10: Collating addresses in Thunderbird

Discus and support Collating addresses in Thunderbird in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 Version 1909 - Build 18363.778 ===================================== I cannot remember ever doing this before and am in a complete muddle... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AndrewSWHatton, May 5, 2020.

1. Collating addresses in Thunderbird

WINDOWS 10 Version 1909 - Build 18363.778

=====================================

I cannot remember ever doing this before and am in a complete muddle - do not know how to get help from the Thunderbird support Forum or here - there must be a tutorial already for dopes like me, or somewhere in Thunderbird support where I can ask my question - I cannot find it!

It has just dawned on me - that there are email addresses all over my PC and in my Microsoft, Gmail, and Yahoo email accounts and suchlike. (I have run & been part of various Groups over the last twenty odd years)

I am neurologically disabled - thinking and remembering can get skewed and also following sequential instructions unless it is very clear - however I have survived to seventy one and not a complete fool!

After various upgrades what steps might I please take to bring all these email addresses including from my Android phone and Google "Contacts" and Microsoft "People" files into Thunderbird or where should I look or how should I ask this dumb question in the Thunderbird support forums, please?

Collating addresses in Thunderbird [​IMG]

:)

AndrewSWHatton, May 5, 2020
  2. maurylen Win User

Address list for Thunderbird

W10 up and running very well, the only change is a new email client, recommended by an "expert" In fact it's not so different to "Outlook" I'm using "Thunderbird" as my email client. Took me some time to sort out where/how, to set up a contacts list. I got it up and running and a list of contacts on the left side of the screen. All that was required was to click the mail name and it was entered in the "to" space. However that has disappeared. Now I have to open the addresses from "tools" click on each name, the addresses then vanish so I have to start again entering a new address, ad nauseam - I'd really like to get the list on the left side again

maurylen, May 5, 2020
  3. SK-1 Win User
    Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

SK-1, May 5, 2020
  4. Collating addresses in Thunderbird

Thunderbird address books

With the last Ovi Suite 3, when I go to Sync Option / Contact, sync with contact application 'Mozilla Thunderbird', I see below under 'default' 3 adress books:

- Personal Address Book

- Contacts

- Collected Addresses

And I have to pick one of them.

[Thunderbird 3.1.7, with the same profile for years!]

Ericgermany, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Collating addresses in Thunderbird

1. Collating addresses in Thunderbird - Similar Threads - Collating addresses Thunderbird

2. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2012 Collation Error: The query:USE vPICList_lite;SELECT *FROM ABS runs correctly in SQL Server 2012The query:[dbo].[spVinDecode] @v = N'3VWRF81H2WM128705'returns:Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure spVinDecode, Line 282Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and...
  3. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL Server 2012 Collation Error: The query:USE vPICList_lite;SELECT *FROM ABS runs correctly in SQL Server 2012The query:[dbo].[spVinDecode] @v = N'3VWRF81H2WM128705'returns:Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure spVinDecode, Line 282Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and...
  4. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't find old emails to collate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find old emails to collate: I'm really struggling with windows 10, I can't seem to find some really important emails, all from the same company but different individuals. Can anybody help with how to collate them so I can file in a folder all together? My email is not an outlook one. Patsy...
  6. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  7. Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link: I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for many years. Currently am using Firefox version 82.0.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. My email addresses are located in my Thunderbird account version 98.4.1. These new versions are the outcome of recent upgrades to my Mozilla...
  8. Modifying the locale's collation order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modifying the locale's collation order: The collation order is what determines which order letters come in. For example if you set your locale to Spanish, the letter Ñ will sort as a separate letter after N, whilst set to English, Ñ will sort as it was N. Windows does give a few options for some languages, such as...
  9. Address list for Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Address list for Thunderbird: W10 up and running very well, the only change is a new email client, recommended by an "expert" In fact it's not so different to "Outlook" I'm using "Thunderbird" as my email client. Took me some time to sort out where/how, to set up a contacts list. I got it up and running...
  10. Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app import address book FROM Thunderbird: How do I import address book from Thunderbird to Windows Mail? What protocol does Mail support? 59694