Windows 10: Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager

Discus and support Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Without using the word 'edge' can anyone advise whether it's possible to collect all the "Google Chrome" instances in the Windows Task Manager into one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by THX1138, Jan 10, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager

Without using the word 'edge' can anyone advise whether it's possible to collect all the "Google Chrome" instances in the Windows Task Manager into one instance showing the combined resource usage? It's not very helpful to have so many processes flitting around while I try to determine what's making my machine run slowly.

:)

THX1138, Jan 10, 2017

2. Apps reopening on start up after shutdown/restart

A specific issue with Google Chrome. If you shut down the browser then go into Task Manager, there are still about 7 instances of Google Chrome still running in Task Manager, so when you re-open the browser, you start getting multiple tabs, and Google Chrome
    re-opens when you restart because Windows 10 sees it as an app that was running when you shut down.

Is there a way to get Task Manager to purge all running Google Chrome extensions and completely shut down when you shut down the browser so Windows 10 won't automatically re-open it on startup?

StephenScalf, Jan 10, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    windows 10 SP4 - Chrome cursor disappears

There does seem to be a bug in Chrome, the current best solution is to open Task Manager, then end all of the Google Chrome processes and Restart Chrome.

I Hope this helps!

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2017
  4. Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager

No, because technically it is not one process (a different ID). It is called the same, but the browser is just the parent process, they are all separate. Chrome's inbuilt task manager actually shows, what are all those processes about.

TairikuOkami, Jan 11, 2017
Thema:

Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager

1. Collecting all the Google Chromes in Windows Task Manager - Similar Threads - Collecting Google Chromes

2. My task manager doesn't work , nor does my google chrome ,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task manager doesn't work , nor does my google chrome ,: or my Cmd only when ran as admin , and alot of my apps say i dont have permission to access then , and when i did SFC/SCANNOW in cmd it says i dont have access.my task manager when i try to open it says " "the procedure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be...
  3. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.: As you've read the subject, Google Chrome appears in Task manager whenever I turn on the pc. I have to "end task" it every time. Sometimes I forget to close it, then my CPU heats up, makes sound... I know it happens when we use more RAM. I don't even use Google Chrome that...
  4. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.: As you've read the subject, Google Chrome appears in Task manager whenever I turn on the pc. I have to "end task" it every time. Sometimes I forget to close it, then my CPU heats up, makes sound... I know it happens when we use more RAM. I don't even use Google Chrome that...
  5. Google Chrome appears in Task Manager even before opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  7. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  8. Password Manager in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Password Manager in Google Chrome: Hello, Chrome browser stores my passwords in the "Password manager". However, some sites ask me annually or half-annually to change the password. But it is not replaced in the "Password Manager", it keeps the old password, and when I try to open that site, the old password...
  9. Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset, task manager, Google Chrome plus other things not working: I am suddenly unable to use Google Chrome (nothing happens), task manager (nothing happens). I have tried clicking on a system Reset, nothing happens. I have tried a restore, message says it is unable to start restore. PC is taking ages to come on and switch off. Other...
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account...