Windows 10: Collecting System Specifications in Windows

Discus and support Collecting System Specifications in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Collecting System Specifications in Windows [img] Information The Windows Operating System (OS) can run on a plethora of different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Collecting System Specifications in Windows

How to: Collecting System Specifications in Windows

Collecting System Specifications in Windows [​IMG]
    Information The Windows Operating System (OS) can run on a plethora of different configurations of hardware. Since every computer has a different configuration from one another, knowing what is inside your computer case can be helpful when posting on online forums.

Moreover, knowing your hardware configuration can help you plan for computer hardware upgrades, assist with troubleshooting, and know if your current system can run certain programs, operating systems, and games.
    Tip To receive faster, more accurate support on TenForums, it is ideal to add your system’s hardware configuration to your TenForums user profile. You can learn how to add your system hardware configuration using the tutorial below.

How to Fill in your System Specs at Ten Forums

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Using the System Information (msinfo32) within Windows

Note To view the entirety of the msinfo32 command, view the Microsoft TechNet documentation here: Microsoft TechNet Msinfo32
    1. Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.

2. In the popup box, type msinfo32 and select Ok or hit enter on the keyboard.

Note Windows should now be displaying the System Information for this system. The left hand pane contains categories that will display additional information about the current system.

3. To save this information, select the File option followed by the Save option.
    Tip You can also choose to Export from this File menu to generate a text document instead.

4. When prompted for a save location, choose an appropriate save location.

OPTION TWO [/i] Using the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
    1. Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.

2. In the popup box, type dxdiag and select Ok or hit enter on the keyboard. If prompted about digital signatures, select Yes

Note Windows should now be displaying the DirectX Diagnostic Tool for this system. Tabs located at the top of the window categorize the information.

3. To save this information, click the Save All Information button towards the bottom of the window.

4. When prompted for a save location, choose an appropriate save location.

OPTION THREE [/i] Generating a Speccy Report
    Information Speccy is a third-party application that is managed by Piriform; an Avast company. The application is a user friendly, yet powerful hardware information collector that has easy exporting options for forums and to share hardware information.
    Warning Speccy is a free application and is bundled with, what can be considered, computer bloatware. During the installation of Speccy, ensure to untick and/or decline to any unwanted software.
    1. Download the free version of Speccy using the official download page.

2. Once downloaded, open the installer and select to not install CCleaner at the bottom. Next, select the Customize option underneath the Install button.

3. Opt in or out of any options you choose to select for your system. Then, select Install.

4. Press the Run Speccy button at the end of installation.

5. After analyzing your system, Speccy will generate a hardware configuration report within the application.

6. To share the report, select File then press Publish Snapshot. When prompted to create a URL, select Yes.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Using the Device Management Tool
    Information To communicate to Windows, devices uses a device driver. To learn more about what a Windows driver is, visit this page here.

Since a driver is needed for ideal operation of computer hardware, you can detect and see what is currently communicating with the system through this driver.
    Warning If your system is using generic Windows drivers for your computer hardware, the readings from this option may not be accurate. Make sure that all drivers for the system are fully updated before checking them.
    1. Right click the Windows Start Menu icon and select Device Manager.

Information Each device connected to the system is categorized by type. You can expand each type by pressing the gray right arrow next to each category.

2. To view hardware, expand the category and right click on the device. Select to view its Properties.

3. In the tab menu at the top, choose Details and change the Property to Hardware Ids. The information here will be the hardware ID that is being sent from the device.

Thanks for viewing.

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 26, 2017
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Windows 10 Store and Edge and some UWP apps won't work

8007 is an update specific error code. I found a fix for it in my "tips collection" here:

CODE 8007#### - WINDOWS UPDATE

This page is a collection of fixes other users have reported that actually worked for them on these specific error codes. Search for your specific error code in this page.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Rohn007, Nov 26, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Awaiting install Stuck - Windows update

No problem. To to this page:

CODE 8007#### - WINDOWS UPDATE

This page is a collection of fixes other users have reported that actually worked for them on these specific error codes. Search for your specific error code in this page.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

And find the section "MANUALLY RESET WINDOWS UPDATE SYSTEM"

Rohn007, Nov 26, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Very nice tutorial, Justin @Masterchiefxx17

This, along with your link to How to Fill In System Specs, will make it much easier for new members to communicate their hardware and software environment to us. I've bookmarked this as a go-to tool when replying to new members.

Thanks, again!

f14tomcat, Nov 26, 2017
  5. Wynona Win User
    Thank you, Justin! This will be great for me . . . I'm going to try it out on my daughter first thing!

Wynona, Nov 26, 2017
  6. Thank you all for the kind words and to everybody who was involved in the publication process!

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Collecting System Specifications in Windows - Similar Threads - Collecting System Specifications

2. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  3. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  4. System specification is incorrect in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System specification is incorrect in browsers: I am running Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2, OS Build 22000.832, Windows Experience Pack 1000.22000.832.0 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000.I tried to login to my online Chase account today. Chase posted a message that they no longer support my browser and I should update...
  5. System specification is incorrect in browsers

System specification is incorrect in browsers: I am running Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2, OS Build 22000.832, Windows Experience Pack 1000.22000.832.0 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000.I tried to login to my online Chase account today. Chase posted a message that they no longer support my browser and I should update...
  6. what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11: Hello, I have Dell inspiron 14 3000 with intel I3 10th generation ,what are the system specifications required for the Windows 11 to install....
  7. MS Solitaire Collection & System Restore

MS Solitaire Collection & System Restore: MS SolCol starts to load then just disappears. After much fuss with various techniques we did a System Restore 1st to a week back (nogo) then to 2 weeks back and still got the same symptoms. 1. What exactly does SysRestore do if not restore your system setting to selected...
  8. System Information Can't collect information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information Can't collect information: Hello, I am getting this error( photo attached below) whenever I try to open system information. someone plz help me Fixes I have tried- Reset WMI Windows update Updating drivers Someone please help me with this issue[ATTACH]...
  9. File Sharing to specific other windows system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Sharing to specific other windows system: Hi I have shared files between windows system within network publicly . it is working fine. But right now I want to share file to specific system within network. How's this is possible? All System within network using windows 10....
  10. Windows 10 Computer Specifications & Systems Requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Computer Specifications & Systems Requirements: Hi,i have Windows 7 home premium and i want to upgrade to windows 10 Home. I have at my PC: *processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.00Ghz *RAM: 4GB *Graphics card: Intel 965 Express Chipset Family 358 MB...