Windows 10: Collecting Windows API or DLL logs

Discus and support Collecting Windows API or DLL logs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, In order to detect malicious behavior, I am interested in monitoring calls to some Windows base functions also calls Windows API sometimes or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Neïlo Perrin-Ganier, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Collecting Windows API or DLL logs

Hello,

In order to detect malicious behavior, I am interested in monitoring calls to some Windows base functions also calls Windows API sometimes or DLLs. So I was wondering if someone could help us on this question ?

I am able to find logs related to .exe or process but nothing about precise functions calls.

Thanks for your help,

Neïlo

:)

Neïlo Perrin-Ganier, Jul 7, 2020
  2. sentryZX Win User

Missing api-ms-win-core DLLs

Hi

I bought a laptop with Windows 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10. It's a 64-bit system with an AMD processor. I'm trying to use py2exe to turn a Python script into a standalone executeable but I have missing DLLs. The list of DLLs is:

- api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll

- api-ms-win-core-atoms-l1-1-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-winrt-error-l1-1-1.dll

- api-ms-win-core-sidebyside-l1-1-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-localization-obsolete-l1-3-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-delayload-l1-1-1.dll

- api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-core-shlwapi-obsolete-l1-2-0.dll

- api-ms-win-security-base-l1-2-0.dll

I do not know where to find these DLLs. I have installed the following in an attempt to resolve this but it has not worked:

- Visual C++ Redistributables (x86 and x64 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015)

- Visual Studio 2010 Express

- Visual Studio 2010 Express Prerequisites x64

- Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (7.1)

Also Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack is listed in my Programs and Features list but I am unable to install ANY version of .NET Framework after 4. For example, when I try to install NEW Framework v4.6 the installer blocks and says I already
    have a newer version of .NET Framework installed. But when I tried to install Windows SDK for Windows 7 the installer told me I had a pre-release version of .NET Framework 4 (which I don't remember installing).

Where can I obtain the missing DLLs from?

sentryZX, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Phaewryn Win User
    Error: ucrtbase.terminate not located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

Open elevated cmd.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Type the following command: regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.
    Close cmd. Shut down. Restart.
    Here's the page that lists the commands: Regsvr32 - Register a DLL - Windows CMD - SS64.com

That being said, I also did a registry cleaning, and it also had a pending update that went through that was apparently awaiting a full shut down. It might very well have just been that.

Microsoft can nudge all they want, I'm keeping this older model laptop on 7, it's not powerful enough for the bloat of 10. I was very near to running a sfc scan (I was going to make that my last thing to set it to do before retiring to bed for the night) and then putting the windows disc in and repairing the install like you suggested tomorrow if the sfc repair didn't work.

Phaewryn, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Jordan He Win User

Collecting Windows API or DLL logs

api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll is missing

It is not *-l1-2-0.dll nor *-sysinfo-l1-2-1.dll but *-l1-2-1.dll that is missing.
    I have a win8.1 Ent installing in Parallels Desktop on my MacBook Pro.
    I'm trying to install a win10 on an external USB3.0 following the tutorial.
    On the last step in Step 3: Deploy the Windows installation image, I try to create the boot section using:

but it pops up "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
    The windows installed in Parallels is 64bit, and the win10 I'm trying to install is also 64bit.

How can I fix this problem?

Jordan He, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Collecting Windows API or DLL logs

1. Collecting Windows API or DLL logs - Similar Threads - Collecting API DLL

2. api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll: api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll/43d58d24-b1fd-4f9a-9589-3cd0b8212c4b
  3. api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll: api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/api-ms-crt-runtime-l1-1-0dll/43d58d24-b1fd-4f9a-9589-3cd0b8212c4b
  4. SharePoint Change Log API Attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SharePoint Change Log API Attachments: Hi All,Can anyone tell me if there is any Share point rest API for change_log/ change token for AttachmentFiles, to get to know if there is any updated, added or deleted of files in Attachment.Regards,Rajendra Sonawane...
  5. SharePoint Change Log API Attachments

SharePoint Change Log API Attachments: Hi All,Can anyone tell me if there is any Share point rest API for change_log/ change token for AttachmentFiles, to get to know if there is any updated, added or deleted of files in Attachment.Regards,Rajendra Sonawane...
  6. SharePoint Change Log API Attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Log Collection for SIEM Forwarding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log Collection for SIEM Forwarding: I have Windows environment using Active Directory and I need to collect logs from all windows systems and share logs with SIEM. How can I collect logs from Windows systems?I have a working syslog server in production. Can I forward event from Windows to Syslog server?...
  8. Log Collection for SIEM Forwarding

Log Collection for SIEM Forwarding: I have Windows environment using Active Directory and I need to collect logs from all windows systems and share logs with SIEM. How can I collect logs from Windows systems?I have a working syslog server in production. Can I forward event from Windows to Syslog server?...
  9. Log Collection for SIEM Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Is there an API to collect "Windows Update History" Informations?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there an API to collect "Windows Update History" Informations?: I want to poll all AD Systems to get the Build Number. This Build i want to match which the latest Patchday Updates. So for example: May 2019. For older Systems its not possible so i need to enumerate all installed "kb-updates". So i need the Information available in...