Windows 10: Color adjustment

Discus and support Color adjustment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Help! I've made a total mess of the color settings trying to get a better image. I'd be better off if I could put them back to the original settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JGrape, Jul 14, 2018.

1. JGrape Win User

Color adjustment

Help! I've made a total mess of the color settings trying to get a better image. I'd be better off if I could put them back to the original settings. Can anyone tell me How to reset the color setting without messing anything else up?

:)

JGrape, Jul 14, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to adjust monitor colors

Hi Paul,

Click your Start Button, type dccw and hit Enter

You should be able to step through that app and adjust your color . . .

DaveM121, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    display color adjustment.

Hi Cheryl,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are there any changes to the device prior to the issue?
    • What do you mean by saying "colors are incorrect"? (It'll be great if you can provide us a screenshot of the issue, so we can further investigate.)
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Color adjustment

Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Dear Anup, Greetings and good wishes

Very pleased to see your reply. I have given you the laptop details at the bottom of my reply but first I would like to tell you the result of the above exercise when I followed the steps you mentioned.

The below mentioned sequence of screens appeared. There were no sliders or adjusting options.

• Calibrate display color clicked on same thru cortana.
    • Clicked Next on Display Color Calibration window. No Sliders or adjustment options
    • Clicked Next on Set basic color settings window. No sliders or adjustment options
    • There was no screen for How to adjust gamma so I clicked Next button to continue.
    • When the above fourth step screen was not available to Adjust gamma window prompts. I Pressed
      Next button.
    • Then I saw the Find the brightness and contrast controls display. BUT NO SLIDERS or Adjustment options SO I Tapped on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment still to see what happens.
    • I got the window called How to adjust color balance. without any sliders.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, I hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, I noticed another window Adjust color balance. In this window, I had no option or sliders to adjust the primary colors in fact there the strips had no red,
      blue or green colors except black and grey strips so I pressed the
      Next button.
    • Finally, I clicked the Finish button.
    IN ALL THE ABOVE STEPS I COULD NOT FIND ANY SLIDERS OR ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS ALL SCREENS WERE GREY WITH INSTRUCTIONS YOU MENTIONED ABOVE.

My Laptop Details
    Make: HP, Model: G42 477TU Note book (Laptop), Processor: Intel (R) core(TM) i5CPU M480 @2.67GHz, RAM: 4GB, System Type: 64-bit operating system,x64 based processor. The keyboard came installed with the Laptop and couldn't find any specifications or types
    written on the keyboard pad. As iam novice to technicalities it willbe great to learn from you if you can guide me find the same.
    Before ending my feed back I would like to give you a piece of information if etal it is linked to my problem. When I tried the windows update it says it cannot update Intel(R) HD Graphics due to Error 0x800f0203 although it was available. I tried this
    update several times but got the same error message.
    Looking forward to your reply ASAP.

[*]

Sriniwas SharmaGunttur, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Color adjustment

1. Color adjustment - Similar Threads - Color adjustment

2. Video Color Adjustment Problem With AMD 24.1.1 Adrenalin Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Color Adjustment Problem With AMD 24.1.1 Adrenalin Driver: Hi All I have just upgraded my VGA and purchased a AMD RX 6700. I downloaded and applied its latest driver which is 24.1.1 Adrenalin. However this driver really makes me crazy because I can’t find its video color adjustment settings. There is a display settings part in...
  3. How to adjust color tone warmer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to adjust color tone warmer?: I would like to know on how to adjust color tone warmer under window 7Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-color-tone-warmer/d60823a0-5d1b-42fb-af49-86d945d2c59f
  4. How to adjust color tone warmer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to adjust color tone warmer?: I would like to know on how to adjust color tone warmer under window 7Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-color-tone-warmer/d60823a0-5d1b-42fb-af49-86d945d2c59f
  5. Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors: I would like to calibrate the colors of my screen. I'm going to the "display color calibration" window, set gamma, brightness etc successfully, and then it's time to set my screen contrast which by default is waaay off and hurting my eyes. And there it is: "Using the contrast...
  6. Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot adjust contrast when calibrating colors: I would like to calibrate the colors of my screen. I'm going to the "display color calibration" window, set gamma, brightness etc successfully, and then it's time to set my screen contrast which by default is waaay off and hurting my eyes. And there it is: "Using the contrast...
  7. My computer doesn’t recognize the color adjustments I’ve made after I connect another device on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer doesn’t recognize the color adjustments I’ve made after I connect another device on: I’ve been trying to calibrate the colors on my second display a tablet and the notebook display individually, apparently it’s not possible to do them at the same time? but everytime I connect the other display on, the adjustments go back to the way they were before... as if...
  8. how do i adjust the colors on my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i adjust the colors on my screen: how do i adjust the color on my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-adjust-the-colors-on-my-screen/9aab2492-fd86-4f58-a022-6458f4a7a257
  9. I look pink in my webcam, AVerMedia. How can I adjust the color?

I look pink in my webcam, AVerMedia. How can I adjust the color?: When using a webcam, AVerMedia, on Zoom, I look very pink, including my face, and hair. How can I adjust either the color on my computer or on the webcam?...
  10. Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc.

Adjusting Camera Settings i.e. brightness, contrast, color, etc.: Hello, I am currently trying to adjust my camera settings. Before windows 10 there was a small tool bar that use to let me adjust the camera settings such as the brightness, contrast, color, etc. I have a built in webcam on my Envy 14 laptop. I need to use this webcam in...