Windows 10: Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

Discus and support Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnStewart9, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

I have to continuously run color calibration because I notice my email and other web pages are being washed out in white......I lower the gamma settings as low as they will go and it gets better, but then resets from sleep or after reboot or just randomly.

I tried saving the profile in ICC as default and it shows there still, but gamma continues to change on its own.

Intel does not have a section to correct this.

Uninstalled both Nvidia and INtel drivers and reinstalled in compatibility mode but hasn't changed anything.

Not using the NVidia , have uninstalled and reinstalled just in case.

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Installed on 9/29/18

OS Build 17134.472

Acer E5-575G Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD graphics 620- currently shows connected to display driver version 21.20.16.4534 date 10/7/16

Nvidia Geforce 940MX- 25.21.14.1735 date 12/11/18

:)

JohnStewart9, Dec 22, 2018
  2. galois Win User

Gamma always too high during Windows 10 color calibration

I'm using a TV monitor (an old memorex MLT1931, 19", if it matters) as a second monitor. I am using it with the same resolution as my other monitor (1920x1080), and its native resolution is 1280x720. Some of the colors are off, and my radeon advanced settings didn't seem to do much, and now I'm just doing the normal Windows 10 color calibration.

The issue I'm running into is that during the "adjust gamma" step, no matter how high or low the slider is, the image to the right of the slider always look like the "gamma too high" example, with a darker dot in the middle (like in this photo). The rest of the screen gets brighter/darker, but the dots stay the same.

When I switch the calibration window to my good monitor, the gamma is fine and I can see the dots adjust from bright to dark as I move the slider.

Any ideas why?

galois, Dec 22, 2018
  3. GregH Win User
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button anywhere.

Do I simply delete / remove the Profile listed in the box under Start-Settings-Colour Management and maybe untick the box "Use my settings for this device"?

Thanks.

GregH, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

If you mess with Calibrate display color. settings... can you reset it?

Giving this a bump since i seemed to get just generic answers that didn't even read the question:

Anyone have an answer? Its a pretty simple question. Once you change the gamma slider in the windows calibrate display color/display color calibration settings, if you later change your mind and go back can you reset it to the default or not? Or will the
    new 'reset' be whatever you had changed it to?

Kenshin-dono, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!!

1. Color Calibration and gamma settings keep resetting !!! - Similar Threads - Color Calibration gamma

2. Gamma and color settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamma and color settings: My gamma and color settings resets every time I boot up my laptopBut when I click notifications or go to display settings then my gamma and color settings return to normal....
  3. Windows 10 Color Calibration keeps resetting

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Color Calibration keeps resetting: Windows 10 offers Color Calibration that allows you to get the best display setting as per your preference. However, it has been reported that the color calibration keeps resetting even when changed. It happens every time you log in, or what you see in the preview doesn’t get...
  4. Gamma color setting reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamma color setting reseting: Every time I go to a different tab or open a game the gamma on my monitor resets. It says the same gamma number on the Nvidia control panel but I have to move the bar for the gamma to go back to normal....
  5. Color calibration keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color calibration keeps resetting: Hello, my laptop had a pretty noticable green tint to the display, so I decided to calibrate it and it seemed to fix it, but any time I close or restart the laptop, it goes back to normal. What can I do ? submitted by /u/chuyaep [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Color Calibration Keeps resetting

Windows Color Calibration Keeps resetting: Hello, one day when i booted up my laptop, the computer screen has a red tint thats above everything else, and may fluctuate in its strength depending from time to time. I checked Windows Color Calibration, and it showed that my PC was on the max on red coloring, and i toned...
  7. Windows 10 color calibration keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 color calibration keeps resetting: When I try to change my monitor's colors, I can see a preview of the color change, but the screen quickly reverts to its default color setting. For example if I use the Windows 10 Display Color Calibration tool, every step works as it should until I get to the Color balance...
  8. Gamma Calibration issue

Gamma Calibration issue: Hey, I'm trying to change my gamma settings for Rust. And I use the windows "Calibrate Display Color" feature and I change my gamma, but the moment it changes, it immediately resets back to default settings. My Graphics driver is AMD Radeon. And my computer is a HP Pavilion,...
  9. Windows 10 Pro - Gamma settings keep resetting

Windows 10 Pro - Gamma settings keep resetting: Hi, first of all, I understand this has been asked before - and no, none of the solutions seem to apply to me (like installing new drivers, obviously). Situation: Fresh (!) install of Windows 10 Pro and fresh (!) install of NVIDIA GeForce Drivers, latest versions etc....
  10. Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows color calibration tool and resetting calibration: I went and ran the built in color calibration tool in Windows 10 to adjust gamma, brightness, contrast etc but I want to restore this back to what it was before I ran this calibration tool. How do I do that? There does not seem to be an obvious "Restore Default" button...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tv gamma always too high windows 10

2. color setting on t480s

3. Windows 10 resets gamma settings in color caleberation