Windows 10: Color calibration purgatory: Win10->nVidia->Monitor....all conflicting

Discus and support Color calibration purgatory: Win10->nVidia->Monitor....all conflicting in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Win10prox64/GTX 1080ti/yadda3... Brief: Got 3 calibration variables in the way for color correction. How to keep Win10 out of the loop as much as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by tgm1024, Jan 1, 2019.

1. tgm1024 Win User

Color calibration purgatory: Win10->nVidia->Monitor....all conflicting

Win10prox64/GTX 1080ti/yadda3...

Brief:

Got 3 calibration variables in the way for color correction. How to keep Win10 out of the loop as much as possible?

TL;DR;

Yes, this is a Win10 question, ANAICT.

Ok, I'm yet another person struggling with the color of a TN panel monitor (Dell S2417DG). The monitor is in all ways spectacular, and one of the few 24" 1440p monitors out there.

However, the color desaturation inherent in TN monitors is a deal breaker, and I'm trying really hard to calibrate this thing to raise the colors out of "washed out". This particular TN monitor is known for having this problem, so I have to be careful.

A HUGE WRINKLE in all of this however is that I cannot figure out how Windows 10 handles its own calibration scheme. As near as I can figure out, it does this entirely before the nVidia drivers get ahold of it. It doesn't seem to directly teeth into the nVidia drivers themselves by "asking" it to adjust the settings for it.

So: If I use the windows 10 calibration wizard and modify the Gamma control, I now have the following:

Win10 Gamma ---fed to---> nVidia Gamma ---fed to---> My monitor's Gamma

UGH! Is this right? This is akin to having a tape-deck ramp up its own volume and feeding it to an amp which feeds to a speaker with its own volume control. Let's forget about games that try to assert their own calibration hooey for the time being.

Is there a way to neutralize the Win10 settings to kind of "baseline" that allows me to keep it as far out of the way as possible so that nVidia calls the shots so that I can have only 2 variables in the way?

TIA!

:)

tgm1024, Jan 1, 2019
  2. mathesar Win User

Dual monitor setup, Monitor #2 keeps losing color calibration.

Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the settings stick as long as the 2nd monitor is active.

If I switch to single display (Windows Key + P / PC Screen only) then the 2nd monitor loses its color calibration. Also anytime I reboot my PC (Even if I have both monitors active) the 2nd monitor loses my calibration.

The 2nd monitor has a fairly strong bias for the color Green so I can always tell right away.

I'm probably overlooking something and was hoping someone might of dealt with this before Color calibration purgatory: Win10->nVidia->Monitor....all conflicting :)

mathesar, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Monitor Color Calibration keeps resetting

Hello, I have an acer SA230 and have been trying to fix the monitor's color for 3 hours now. Normally, when a monitor is off color, I would simply go to the color management window and calibrate the monitor. However, every time I finish calibrating the
    monitor, the moment I click outside any color management window, the calibration resets and the monitor is again off color. I have tried reloading the ICC profile in the color management window and setting the profile as the default both locally and system
    wide, and still the monitor resets its color whenever i click outside the color management window. I have already reinstalled the drivers and have gone as far as disabling driver signature checks in order to do so. I'm not entirely sure what else could be
    done at this point other than returning the monitor.

Octillerysnacker, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

I need to disable windows calibration in Windows 10

Hello,

• When you say “disable windows calibration” are you referring to Color calibration in windows 10?
    I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Calibrate your display” to know more about color calibration in
    Windows 10. Check if it helps

"Get the best display on your monitor"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Color calibration purgatory: Win10->nVidia->Monitor....all conflicting - Similar Threads - Color calibration purgatory

2. Calibrating the colors on my monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Calibrating the colors on my monitor: I'm trying to calibrate the colors on my monitor. I have this monitor. I'm using the digital vibrance setting from nvidia's control panel, and the colors are great. The only problem is, that a few colors, in particular green, looks way too oversaturated. 177424
  3. Color calibration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color calibration: Is there an easy way to switch between 2 color calibration settings quickly? submitted by /u/AndresVaccari2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln067o/color_calibration/
  4. Copying monitor color calibration setting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying monitor color calibration setting?: I have bought a second monitor which is identical to monitor that I have previously, and I wonder if there is a way to copy existing color setting to the new monitor so that I can have exactly same settings on both monitor. submitted by /u/NcGYBer [link] [comments]...
  5. Color Calibration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Calibration: I've got an MSI Laptop MSI GL63 9RCX. My laptop's display colors are not as expected. Black color on my display looks more of a dark grey. I've calibrated several times but this is not making any difference. Can someone help me in that?...
  6. Color Calibration

Color Calibration: After installing update 1903, my color was off. I clicked "how to calibrate my display" and it takes me to the "support.microsoft.com" I did all the after updates to 1903 and still can't calibrate. Any suggestions?...
  7. Windows 10 color calibration conflicts with Intel driver settings and resets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 color calibration conflicts with Intel driver settings and resets: From quite a while ago, my laptop screen appears reddish for some reason. I calibrated it with the Display Color Calibration tool, but that calibration constantly got reset. I tried to update my drivers, but I already had the latest versions, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (version...
  8. Severe Calibrate colors issue conflicting game play.

Severe Calibrate colors issue conflicting game play.: I've been trying to change my Gamma on the Calibrate colors display and it simply does not work. The moment I set the calibration, the setting instantly resets itself to default settings. I have tried uninstalling my graphics drivers, reinstalling them. It still does it, (AMD...
  9. Color Calibrate a new LG Monitor ?

Color Calibrate a new LG Monitor ?: What is the best way to color calibrate a new LG Monitor ? The color is a bit washed out and has a little too much yellow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-calibrate-a-new-lg-monitor/53f4a89e-fe65-4eac-9c12-70801e10ce10
  10. color calibration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    color calibration: the coloring of my monitor is off. When I print or work on images, the print result is different than what shows on my screen. I've tried to do the basic color calibration, but it's not correcting the issue....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell s2417dg color settings

2. lg 27ea33 color drivers for windows

3. color management win10 or nvidia