Windows 10: Color issues throughout menus present until signing into new account

Discus and support Color issues throughout menus present until signing into new account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So this just started happening today where the colors on various panels and windows changed colors. Such as backgrounds of windows is black, text is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by redmasqu3rad3, May 24, 2019.

1. Color issues throughout menus present until signing into new account

So this just started happening today where the colors on various panels and windows changed colors. Such as backgrounds of windows is black, text is missing or green, and the color calibration keeps resetting while using my PC. I've already checked the setting in System and Ease of Access and nothing there is affecting this. The worst part is this issue persists even after doing a clean OS install, it's like the issue is tied to my Windows Account. And it's on both my desktop and laptop, so it's not a hardware issue, that's why I think it's tied to my account.

But here's the kicker! I created a new Microsoft account and when I sign into the new account, then sign back into my main account, the issue is gone! But when I restart my PC the issue is back.

Searching online has given me no results or help. So I came here wondering if anyone has seen this or knows how to fix it.

System Info

Windows 10 Pro

Build: 1809

Image of the issue:

Color issues throughout menus present until signing into new account d5de4866-f7fa-4137-be15-28f21fa237bf?upload=true.jpg

:)

redmasqu3rad3, May 24, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 24, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 24, 2019
  4. Color issues throughout menus present until signing into new account

Windows 10 doesn't change start menu color automatically - is it a bug?

Hi Artur,

Sorry for delay in response.

This issue could be with account that you have logged in.

I suggest you to remove the account or make it as a local account and try to make the other account as a primary by giving the administrator privileges.

Check to see if it works by converting the Microsoft Account to Local and then back to Microsoft Account. Here`s how:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Local Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Then convert back to Microsoft Account.
    To connect back to the Microsoft Account, you will perform similar steps:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Your account should now be connected again.
    To give Administrator privileges you can follow the below steps.

1) Open settings and select Account.

2) Under sign in options, in the right pane click on account and select manage.

3) You will have two options, select Administrator.

Now you can use your secondary account as administrator and other account as a local account.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Color issues throughout menus present until signing into new account

1. Color issues throughout menus present until signing into new account - Similar Threads - Color issues throughout

2. "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.: Hello,I have a user who would like to use the fingerprint reader for a 3rd party application. There was another user that was able to accomplish this by turning off the "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" option listed below all the Windows hello sign in...
  3. "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.: Hello,I have a user who would like to use the fingerprint reader for a 3rd party application. There was another user that was able to accomplish this by turning off the "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" option listed below all the Windows hello sign in...
  4. "Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts" Not present.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Work account sign in issue on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work account sign in issue on new computer: Good dayI have a new Windows 11 laptop that I'm trying to use with a work Azure account, but on initial setup the menu asking whether I want to sign in with a work account or a personal account is not appearing. It just skips to "Let's add your Microsoft account"When I enter...
  6. Work account sign in issue on new computer

Work account sign in issue on new computer: Good dayI have a new Windows 11 laptop that I'm trying to use with a work Azure account, but on initial setup the menu asking whether I want to sign in with a work account or a personal account is not appearing. It just skips to "Let's add your Microsoft account"When I enter...
  7. New sign in issue

New sign in issue: Hi there,I am having an issue with my account recently while looking at the log in history of my Microsoft account I noticed that there was a new sign in that I did not recognize it is referred to as platform: windows and app/browser; unknown. What is strange about this is...
  8. Colored menus - how?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Colored menus - how?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NZ9_001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsyal4/colored_menus_how/
  9. Issue with user account but with no corruption present.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with user account but with no corruption present.: I am a technician and I sold a PC to a customer, and they took it home and were not happy with the changes from 7 => 8 And since windows 10 had come out i offered to upgrade them as we do in our store, i brought in the PC, ran our windows 10 installer as i always do then set...
  10. Build 10166 TINY icons / menus etc until I sign out and sign back in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10166 TINY icons / menus etc until I sign out and sign back in: Hi there I notice on build 10166 after a re-boot the icons / texts etc are TINY on a large monitor unless I SIGN OUT and SIGN back in again --not shutdown / restart but use the ALT-CTRL-DEL to get the Lock menu. Choose sign out and then sign back in again -- your previous...