Windows 10: Color managed desktop

Discus and support Color managed desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do you think that this new pathetic Windoze eleven will finally have fully color managed desktop enviroment? Or they have budget only for new icons,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lhx6205, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Color managed desktop

Do you think that this new pathetic Windoze eleven will finally have fully color managed desktop enviroment? Or they have budget only for new icons, rounded UI elements and centered start menu?

Increasing number of people are buying wide color gamut monitors with or without HDR, but Windows desktop is in 2021 still not color managed. So far, Microsoft did not give a damn to address this and colors looks natural only in color managed apps. Outside of them, rest of the desktop enviroment is oversatured af. Same for most games..

submitted by /u/lhx6205
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lhx6205, Jun 17, 2021

2. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 17, 2021
  3. flycaster Win User
    Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...?

Hey Edwin, thanks, but let me make sure I got this all right. It seems that only Color Management can be pinned to the task bar...Right? Whereas, the website can only be pinned to the Jump List, and not to the taskbar...Right? If so, good enough as this will still reduce the number of steps needed to change my monitor's color settings.

flycaster, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Color managed desktop

change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Color managed desktop

1. Color managed desktop - Similar Threads - Color managed desktop

2. Color management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color management: when i open my setting from start menu and try to change color setting their are some of the color option missing from the menu, the dark and light settings and all the rest of the setting down to were it says choose a color are gone this is after a reinstall of windows 10...
  3. Color management

Color management: It's 2021 and Windows desktop is still not color managed !!! How long do you think it will take before it's finally implemented? More and more people can afford to buy wide color gamut monitors with HDR but Windows acts like there is no problem !!!As a result everything is...
  4. Desktop color

Desktop color: Change desktop background color to original. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-color/b0778c90-2c45-4525-801d-2cd2cccbf264
  5. Color Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management: color management; my printer will copy a colored page but the colored pages in the applications print only black and white. How to I set my color management back to color? The provision for setting it to color small tick box is even absent from the sending it back setup...
  6. Color Management

Color Management: Good day, I am running the latest version of Win 10 Ver. 1909 and am experiencing problem with Color Management. I recalibrated both monitors - main one a Dell UP2716D and second monitor a DellP2471H, and now suddenly the colors viewed using Microsoft programs are way off -...
  7. color management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    color management: I asked this question a few days ago and cannot find the response (sorry) I have a laptop monitor and I have a slave monitor so I can see my photos in a larger format. They do not seem to be syncing screen color density. Any ideas for adjustment? Felicia...
  8. Desktop color

Desktop color: Is there any way to change desktop color? Thank you!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-color/a3dbd518-7f6f-41c8-9bd9-5f6fae4b9889
  9. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  10. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...