Windows 10: Color Management for Print Drivers

Discus and support Color Management for Print Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, Color Management is part of Windows and I've noticed that I can override settings for print drivers, essentially giving them a CMYK(.icc)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shaareable, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Color Management for Print Drivers

Greetings,

Color Management is part of Windows and I've noticed that I can override settings for print drivers, essentially giving them a CMYK(.icc) and ProPhotoRGB profile.

Color Management for Print Drivers 03709755-5a7f-49ba-9d26-bf725f67b8a5?upload=true.png

I tweaked in EFI Fiery a CMYK profile so that the curves were on crack cocaine and would result in visibly disturbing and unnatural colors.

Color Management for Print Drivers 291faf23-1119-4f1d-bee1-128b89db8efc?upload=true.png

Having done that I was under the presumption that the print driver would convert a tiff in a pdf according to the CMYK profile I had assigned however viewing that Pdf it didn't appear to have done so according to the CMYK ICC profile.. but instead according to ProPhoto RGB profile (.icm).

Before
    After
    Color Management for Print Drivers a8379743-3b81-40ed-be73-4b7d5a884f7c?upload=true.png Color Management for Print Drivers d42cf38c-d126-4516-bc98-270c3691e818?upload=true.png

The reason why I am trying to understand how this work is that I am hoping I could profile the printer and assign the ICC profiles for different papers in windows and selectively use the correct ICC profile: this would allow one to profile a digital printer even if this printer doesn't have a dedicated RIP/DFE.

At this point, it appears that the print driver uses the RGB profile whether or not the content is RGB or CMYK.

Is this normal?

How to get the driver to convert according the icc cmyk profile?

Thank you for your time!

Antoine

:)

Shaareable, Nov 24, 2018

2. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Color Management

Issue: we are working with a Xerox 7830 and when we print certain corporate logos it will turn out another color.

Fix: Opened up the print driver properties/ Color Management Tab/ Color Management button / Selected the Printer as device / Advanced tab / under Windows Color System Defaults / device profile i changed to "LCD color management and conversion."

Result: Printed correctly. Now i am trying to push those settings out on the driver and other PC's do not have this option to select.

Question: Is there a way to load the device profiles for color management? If so, can we load it on the WIN server and it would replicated down to the users?

Corey Waldner, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Color Management for Print Drivers

Color printing

Although printer states it's printing in color, and it shows up in print preview, pages are only printed in black and white. This started with Windows 10. It was working fine prior to that. Any suggestions?

MaggieCarulo, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Color Management for Print Drivers

1. Color Management for Print Drivers - Similar Threads - Color Management Print

2. No color printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No color printing.: After installing new computer Windows 11, HP4650 printer will only print in b&w.No choice for color or b&w in excel before printing.Pictures from email in b&w even though color was selected.Printer worked fine before new computer.FYI - printing from Laptop does just...
  3. color printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    color printing: help how do I get my new epson printer to print in color in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-printing/bf87e45c-33b1-4547-a6c1-d876bea0898f
  4. Printing color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing color: I am running Win 11 Home Edition and have a HP Color Laserjet MFP M283fdw printer. The printer will not print color and when talking to HP Tech Support they tell me it's a Windows problem. Wondering if anyone might have a similar issue?...
  5. Print in color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print in color: my laptops will not send color to the printer. I ran all troubleshooting I know of, but no change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-in-color/9058b132-6b7f-4d7b-be36-26dc9219c8ca
  6. Color Printing

Color Printing: I have Windows 10 OS. I'm trying to print in color to my HP Officejet 3830. However, when I go to "File" & "Print" in the Word document, I'm not finding any options under Settings to choose "print in color." I've looked under "Printer Properties," "Page Set Up," "Advanced,...
  7. Color Printing

Color Printing: Windows 10. All of a sudden nothing will print in color. wireless HP3830 all in one printer. Ink levels and alignment good and test page in color ok. Can print color from phone....
  8. print in color

print in color: my printer HP7855 … I have a doc in Word that is typed in color... when I go to print.. no options to print color???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/print-in-color/6134c28d-2b8c-4287-b34f-dd7c9ffef44a
  9. No color print

No color print: I currently have an HP Officejet 4650 printer on a local home network. I am running Windows 10 O/S. From my HP desktop I cannot print any color docs, Excel Spreadsheets or photos. These items print but only in black and white. Other family members, on the same network, can...
  10. Printing in Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing in Color: ASUS Laptop Lexmark X5650 Printer Windows 10 64 bit I go thru so much black ink printing music that I accumulate too many unused color cartridges. How do I set the default to color or have the choice of color or black and white?...