Windows 10: Color Management in File Explorer

Discus and support Color Management in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! For quite a few years I have been struggeling with Windows Color Management. Colors do not look ok in Windows File Explorer, much more yellow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JuriHiensch, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Color Management in File Explorer

Hi!

For quite a few years I have been struggeling with Windows Color Management. Colors do not look ok in Windows File Explorer, much more yellow than in Adobe Creative Suite, Chrome, Mac finder, etc. As a professional photographer working in concert halls and theatres this is quite frustrating. Especially because some of my clients view the photo's in windows file explorer and will not have a correct display.

I have my monitor calibrated with a Datacolor Spyder but that doesn't have any influence, switching makes no difference. Also the color profile attached to the file makes no difference it happens with both sRGB and Adobe RGB and switching color space in Adobe also doesn't seem to make a difference. The problem seems Windows File Explorer itself.

Can this be fixed or helped?

Color Management in File Explorer [​IMG]

:)

JuriHiensch, Mar 1, 2020

2. File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

We appreciate you for trying some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Does the issue only occur with File explore window when you try to change the theme color?

• Can you elaborate more about the situation you are facing, when you say “File explorer window be force to scroll to top when changing theme color”?

• Do you sign in to the Windows 10 through Microsoft/Local account?
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 1, 2020
  3. flycaster Win User
    Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...?

Hey Edwin, thanks, but let me make sure I got this all right. It seems that only Color Management can be pinned to the task bar...Right? Whereas, the website can only be pinned to the Jump List, and not to the taskbar...Right? If so, good enough as this will still reduce the number of steps needed to change my monitor's color settings.

flycaster, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Color Management in File Explorer

File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Color Management in File Explorer

1. Color Management in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Color Management File

2. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  3. File explorer colors messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer colors messed up: I recently updated to Windows 11 and my file explorer colors got messed up.Everything else looks fine for the normal dark mode.I've tried changing the theme to light mode and changing it back to dark mode but it didn't do anything. I updated to 23H2, but that didn't work...
  4. Color management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color management: when i open my setting from start menu and try to change color setting their are some of the color option missing from the menu, the dark and light settings and all the rest of the setting down to were it says choose a color are gone this is after a reinstall of windows 10...
  5. Color Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management: color management; my printer will copy a colored page but the colored pages in the applications print only black and white. How to I set my color management back to color? The provision for setting it to color small tick box is even absent from the sending it back setup...
  6. background color in file explorer

background color in file explorer: OS = Win 10. In my Settings>Color, I set the color to dark. All information in File Explorer comes up with a black background. Is there a way I can get a white background in File Explorer, while keeping a black background for the main program information box that comes up...
  7. color management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    color management: I asked this question a few days ago and cannot find the response (sorry) I have a laptop monitor and I have a slave monitor so I can see my photos in a larger format. They do not seem to be syncing screen color density. Any ideas for adjustment? Felicia...
  8. File explorer wrong color

File explorer wrong color: After this October update, that a friend of mine told me that File Explorer would have a matching color of your system default theme, light or dark, I only got this monstrosity in my system. It's wrong in both light and dark. Someone could explain me how can this be fixed?...
  9. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  10. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...