Windows 10: Color Management incorrect after switching to HDMI screen and back

Discus and support Color Management incorrect after switching to HDMI screen and back in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; New Windows 10 computer, with NVidia GeForce GT X 1050 2GB graphics card. I use two monitors, the Acer 1920x1080 which I use for most things, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Paige Miller, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Color Management incorrect after switching to HDMI screen and back

New Windows 10 computer, with NVidia GeForce GT X 1050 2GB graphics card. I use two monitors, the Acer 1920x1080 which I use for most things, and the HDMI connection to a Vizio HD TV for streaming sporting events and other television-like videos.

I calibrated the Acer monitor with my Spyder, it looks great. Then I switch to watch something on the HDMI connection to the Vizio TV. When I switch back again to the Acer monitor, my color calibration seems to be not used, and I can't get figure out how to return the calibration on the Acer to the profile created by the Spyder. The only thing that seems to work is to restart the computer, which I'd rather not do if there's a simpler method. (By the way, on my old computer, with the same monitor and same Vizio TV and a GeForce 730, I did not have this problem)

Also, if I Extend the desktop, so the Acer and Vizio are in use at the same time, and drag a photograph back and forth from one monitor to the other, you can see the difference in color in the same application on this photo.

Lastly, in the Color Management section of Windows settings, the Spyder profile is shown as the default for both.

So please tell me how to fix this. Thanks!

:)

Paige Miller, Jan 30, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User
    R-T-B, Jan 30, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 Screen Flashing/inverting colors

Hi,

Since troubleshooting steps were provided, what I can suggest is for you to try to configure the settings on your monitor's color management. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Open Color Management by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type color management, and then click Color
      Management
    • Click the Advanced tab, and click Change system defaults.
    • Click the Advanced tab in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box, and do one of the following:

- To prevent Windows from loading display calibrations, clear the Use Windows display calibration check box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management - System Defaults dialog box.
    • Click Close in the Color Management dialog box.
    You can also refer to this link for screen flickering troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Xzibit Win User

Color Management incorrect after switching to HDMI screen and back

12 Bit HDMI color output in Cat 14.6?

Its new to the 14.6 beta

Xzibit, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Color Management incorrect after switching to HDMI screen and back

1. Color Management incorrect after switching to HDMI screen and back - Similar Threads - Color Management incorrect

2. Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch: Hello,I bought a physical HDMI switch for my setup, but when i switch monitors windows irregularily restarts and shows the Blue screan with the frown face Your pc ran into a problem that couldn't be handled.... Sometimes after 2, sometimes after more switches back and forth....
  3. Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Restart after switching monitors with a physical HDMI switch: Hello,I bought a physical HDMI switch for my setup, but when i switch monitors windows irregularily restarts and shows the Blue screan with the frown face Your pc ran into a problem that couldn't be handled.... Sometimes after 2, sometimes after more switches back and forth....
  4. HDMI Switch for Widescreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Switch for Widescreen: https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-GANA-Bidirectional-Supports-Passthrough-HDMI/dp/B07K2NZX8L/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=hdmi%2Bsplitter&qid=1661264586&sprefix=HDMI%2Bspli%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-4&th=1 This is the splitter. ^^^ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFN64F2 This is...
  5. hdmi switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi switch: how should i change the hdmi video input https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-switch/12741eff-cbfe-46e2-9cc0-c27bb5ead0c8
  6. Color Management does not show HDMI monitor in devices list

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Color Management does not show HDMI monitor in devices list: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Edit: Now 2004, same issues). A couple of weeks ago Color Management stopped showing my HDMI monitor in the devices list, so the ICC profile can't be applied. The Spyder calibration software's Profile Chooser also returns a Windows error #1248,...
  7. Color Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management: color management; my printer will copy a colored page but the colored pages in the applications print only black and white. How to I set my color management back to color? The provision for setting it to color small tick box is even absent from the sending it back setup...
  8. color management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    color management: I asked this question a few days ago and cannot find the response (sorry) I have a laptop monitor and I have a slave monitor so I can see my photos in a larger format. They do not seem to be syncing screen color density. Any ideas for adjustment? Felicia...
  9. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  10. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...