Windows 10: Color Management not opening after Creators Update

Discus and support Color Management not opening after Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, after putting it off for a while I finally installed the Creators Update for Windows 10. Since then my gamma and color profile has been reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mendia, Jun 27, 2017.

1. mendia Win User

Color Management not opening after Creators Update

Hello, after putting it off for a while I finally installed the Creators Update for Windows 10. Since then my gamma and color profile has been reset and I've been unable to open Color Management and calibrate my display color. I do not get any error codes, I just get a blue circle next to my mouse for a few seconds and then nothing happens.

I've tried restarting Windows Explorer, using the system file checker, restarting my PC, shutting it down completely, I've scanned for hardware changes, and updated all display related drivers. I've really got no idea what's going on and I haven't been able to find anyone going through a similar issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

mendia, Jun 27, 2017
  2. IvoPetrov Win User

Device DISPLAY\CMN1361\4&2fa2e008&2&UID265988 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

After the last creators update, my screen constantly loses contrast especially after sleep mode. I have to go to Color management settings and manually choose a profile. The chosen profile is there and should be active, but it isn't.

When I checked what's going on at Device manager I've found this mistake "Device DISPLAY\CMN1361\4&2fa2e008&2&UID265988 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." at the Event tab of the monitor. Which shows Generic PnP Monitor.

My machine is ASUS ux303ub.

When I activate a given color profile and Color management tab is open, after a minute or two I receive the following message: "The devices pages has been refreshed due to a hardware change".

Need help!

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures ]

IvoPetrov, Jun 27, 2017
  3. Alexium Win User
    Creators update broke display profile functionality

Everything was fine up until a few days ago when I've installed the Creators update. Right after logging into Windows after the update I noticed that the colors are all wrong on my monitor. That's because the monitor is pretty awful out of the box, and
    I have a color profile to fix that created with Spyder4 colorimeter/profiler.

So I went to Color Management to re-apply the profile, thinking that I just need to select the correct default profile. But no. Some time after opening Color Management, or when browsing its nested dialogs, I eventually get a pop-up:

It keeps appearing periodically. The Color Management UI functions normally, I can add/remove profiles and set them as default, except it has literally no effect whatsoever.

However: if I simply launch and exit the Spyder4 application, the default profile (the one I set as default in Color Management) does get applied and it sticks until reboot. After that, I no longer get the "Devices pages has been refreshed"
    pop-up. Again, until reboot.

What could be wrong and how to fix it?

Alexium, Jun 27, 2017
  4. Hydrate Win User

Perhaps the Windows update had a few hiccups. Let's correct the Window's component system and see if this can solve the issue.

Open PowerShell via Windows key + X

Color Management not opening after Creators Update [​IMG]

Type Code: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth[/quote] and press Enter.

Take a screenshot of the results and post back please. Then, restart the computer and attempt to use your color management app.

Hydrate, Jun 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Color Management not opening after Creators Update - Similar Threads - Color Management opening

2. Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update: I have a problem with my Dell monitor profile after Installing 22H2 update and buying Nvidia GeForce RTX card with latest drivers. The colors of images in Chrome and Windows File explorer look the way they should with my monitor color profile, while in all the windows Apps...
  3. Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update: I have a problem with my Dell monitor profile after Installing 22H2 update and buying Nvidia GeForce RTX card with latest drivers. The colors of images in Chrome and Windows File explorer look the way they should with my monitor color profile, while in all the windows Apps...
  4. Task Manager Not Opening After Update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager Not Opening After Update.: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Edition. Over the weekend it updated to Windows 10 Insider Preview 21313.1000 (rs_prerelease). When I next used Windows, Task Manager would open then close immediately. I did a virus scan and nothing was found. After rolling...
  5. Color Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color Management: color management; my printer will copy a colored page but the colored pages in the applications print only black and white. How to I set my color management back to color? The provision for setting it to color small tick box is even absent from the sending it back setup...
  6. color management

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    color management: I asked this question a few days ago and cannot find the response (sorry) I have a laptop monitor and I have a slave monitor so I can see my photos in a larger format. They do not seem to be syncing screen color density. Any ideas for adjustment? Felicia...
  7. Color Management

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  8. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  9. Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.

Theme section not opening after upgrading to the Creator's Update.: I was using a custom theme that I downloaded from the internet before upgrading to the Creator's Update But I deleted it in safe mode basically if I go to Right Click>Personalization>Themes the settings crash and the Themes section doesn't open in control panel. Any...
  10. Will the Creators edition help with managing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will the Creators edition help with managing updates: I just upgraded my Home edition to Pro just to try to gain a little control over updates. I've one other Home machine and don't want to spend another $100 to do the same on it. It seems I remember reading some where in this forum that the CU will offer more control over the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 system app icon color managment