Windows 10: Color management

Discus and support Color management in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's 2021 and Windows desktop is still not color managed !!! How long do you think it will take before it's finally implemented? More and more people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by X6205, May 4, 2021 at 8:57 AM.

1. X6205 Win User

Color management

It's 2021 and Windows desktop is still not color managed !!! How long do you think it will take before it's finally implemented? More and more people can afford to buy wide color gamut monitors with HDR but Windows acts like there is no problem !!!As a result everything is ugly over saturated outstide of the few color managed apps. For example Edge browser is OK, but apps like Movies and TV, Windows Photos, Netflix and of course.. games are loking terrible. So only real workaround is to use third party apps. Like for example Fastone Image Viewer or Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. Those are

:)

2. flycaster Win User

Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...?

Hey Edwin, thanks, but let me make sure I got this all right. It seems that only Color Management can be pinned to the task bar...Right? Whereas, the website can only be pinned to the Jump List, and not to the taskbar...Right? If so, good enough as this will still reduce the number of steps needed to change my monitor's color settings.

3. Color Management Windows 10

Hi Kendall,

For us to isolate your concern with Color Management, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using an administrator access?
    • Have you tried creating a new user profile to replicate the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the Advanced tab in Color Management.

For more information, the best way to get the color profile you need is to visit your monitor manufacturer's support website and download the latest driver for the device.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 4, 2021 at 8:59 AM
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Color management

Windows Color Management Issue

Hi billin30,

With the issue you're having with your display color, I suggest that you calibrate. There may have been settings that is causing the issue and resetting them may solve this. Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Calibrate display color.
    2. Follow the on screen instructions.
    If the issue will not somehow improve, try to check with your monitor's color settings just to be sure.

Also, I'd like to clarify what monitor is having the issue with its display going to the 'other monitor'? I'd also like to ask for help in isolating the issue. Try to use the monitors one-by-one or have them pair up with one another. Like have BenQ paired
    with Asus then have Alienware paired with Asus etc.

Update me if there were improvements.

Thema:

Color management

1. Color management - Similar Threads - Color management

2. Can someone tell me how I managed to ruin my color template in windows 10? File Explorer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me how I managed to ruin my color template in windows 10? File Explorer...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/betterusethrowaway [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcvm8l/can_someone_tell_me_how_i_managed_to_ruin_my/
  3. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  4. Windows Disk management glitching out (green colored)

Windows Disk management glitching out (green colored): [ATTACH] Whenever I want to re-allocate my unallocated space I can't because the disk manager GUI is bugged out. Anyone know how this happened or how I can fix it? It happens when I click on the Volume or on the partition down below.. Glitched out disk management...
  5. Color Management does not show HDMI monitor in devices list

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Color Management does not show HDMI monitor in devices list: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1909 (Edit: Now 2004, same issues). A couple of weeks ago Color Management stopped showing my HDMI monitor in the devices list, so the ICC profile can't be applied. The Spyder calibration software's Profile Chooser also returns a Windows error #1248,...
  6. Windows 10 Color management

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Color management: New to forum (Hello, all) Did not know where to post this, so I did a search on Color Management and this forum seemed to be the place, so... ------------------------------------------------- I am not asking how to do Win 10 color management. I know how to do it. I'm...
  7. Windows 10 Color management

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Color management: New to forum (Hello, all) Did not know where to post this, so I did a search on Color Management and this forum seemed to be the place, so... ------------------------------------------------- I am not asking how to do Win 10 color management. I know how to do it. I'm...
  8. MY COLOR MANAGEMENT ALWAYS RESTARTED WHEN I TURN ON MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY COLOR MANAGEMENT ALWAYS RESTARTED WHEN I TURN ON MY LAPTOP: When i turn on my laptop the display color is little bit yellow, when i open the color management i make advance setting which sRGB 2.1 and make it default, But when i restart my laptop it won`t work,the color it restarted to little bit yellow...
  9. v1909 color management issues

v1909 color management issues: Hello everyone, I have trouble getting color management to work properly on my machine since I got a new display. Being a professional photographer, this is very frustrating as color work is my daily occurance. Here are my pc specs: Main Display: BenQ EW3270U (10-Bit,...
  10. Video Card and LCD Color Managment and Conversion issues,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Card and LCD Color Managment and Conversion issues,: Hi, every time i 'm using either Adobe Photoshop CS5 and HomeDesign or any graphics software, I'm keep having those pop up windows telling me that bothneed to be rerun /update, for Adobe that "Monitor Profile LCD color management and conversion" appears to be defectives....