Windows 10: Color of highlighted cursor

Discus and support Color of highlighted cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to change color of highlighted cursor row in the "File Explorer"? The default colors are not very visible to me. I need a yellow background and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BoboNeto, Feb 5, 2021.

1. BoboNeto Win User

Color of highlighted cursor

How to change color of highlighted cursor row in the "File Explorer"?
    The default colors are not very visible to me.

I need a yellow background and a black text.

See picture below...

Color of highlighted cursor e37d0225-cf29-4897-81bc-faa1b4a00d26?upload=true.png

:)

BoboNeto, Feb 5, 2021

2. How do I change the color and darkness of the highlight when I position the cursor

Hi,

We would like to confirm if you want to change the color and darkness of the highlighted link when you position the cursor?

If you're using Internet Explorer, here's how you can adjust the color of the hover.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Internet options.
    • Click on Colors.
    • Select the check-box for Use hover color and choose a color that sticks out better.
    It defaults to red so it looks as if you just need to click the checkbox, because "light (really light) blue" looks like it describes the default not visited link.

Hope this helps.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 5, 2021
  3. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Color of highlighted cursor

How do I change the color and darkness of the highlight when I position the cursor

How do I change the color and darkness of the highlight when I position the cursor

Bad Moon23, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Color of highlighted cursor

1. Color of highlighted cursor - Similar Threads - Color highlighted cursor

2. Highlight Color in a CAD program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlight Color in a CAD program: How can I change the color of the navy blue highlight shown in the screencaps below? This is occurring in my WIN10 PC. My WIN10 laptop shares the same color settings as the PC but the blue is lighter and allows me to see the tickbox. I tried modifying but not too in-depth for...
  3. Highlight Color in a CAD program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlight Color in a CAD program: How can I change the color of the navy blue highlight shown in the screencaps below? This is occurring in my WIN10 PC. My WIN10 laptop shares the same color settings as the PC but the blue is lighter and allows me to see the tickbox. I tried modifying but not too in-depth for...
  4. Highlight Color in a CAD program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cursor highlight delay adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor highlight delay adjustment: I'm looking for a very specific setting that noone cares about except for people who work with text 100% of the day, like programmers or translators the latter being myself. Specifically, it's the duration of delay when you press ctrl+shift+right arrow somewhere in the text...
  6. Cursor highlight delay adjustment

Cursor highlight delay adjustment: I'm looking for a very specific setting that noone cares about except for people who work with text 100% of the day, like programmers or translators the latter being myself. Specifically, it's the duration of delay when you press ctrl+shift+right arrow somewhere in the text...
  7. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  8. Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself

Changing Color of Selected Text Highlighter in Windows 11 Not Cursor or Text Itself: I am in Dark Mode. Windows 11. I want to make the Selected Text Highlighter black again. Like older versions of Windows. I am not talking about changing the color of the text itself. I am not talking about changing the color of the curser. I am talking about changing the...
  9. Powershell ISE highlight color

Powershell ISE highlight color: How to change the highlight color of Powershell ISE console window? 160462
  10. Cursor automatically highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor automatically highlighting: The way my cursor highlights when I try to click between characters or insert something has changed. I may have inadvertently done it but I don't know what it was I did. It automatically shades whatever is next to it. How can I undo this? Help and Thank you for any answers. I...