Windows 10: Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down

Discus and support Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a brand new laptop ASUS Vivobook 15 [not S15]. The screen has a noticeable yellow tint. Every time I try to change the default color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AviatorGuy99, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down

I just bought a brand new laptop ASUS Vivobook 15 [not S15]. The screen has a noticeable yellow tint. Every time I try to change the default color profile to sRGB it resets after I close the laptop or restart/turn it off. It happens for all users on the laptop. I've tried setting sRGB as default, turning off the windows color task scheduler, and ran the color calibration test, but no matter what it keeps resetting. Now for some reason I can't even open the Color Management page anymore tried opening it through power shell, cmd prompt, run, control panel. This is getting VERY frustrating.

:)

AviatorGuy99, Apr 6, 2020

2. Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps

I have been having this very annoying issue where my custom color profile keeps resetting to the horrible default one when ever I let my laptop sleep or restart.

I have deleted all of the other color profiles but it still keeps on resetting.

I've been on 1806, 1903 and now 1909 but still doing it.

Any ideas?

Also, Windows Hello is not available the next time I wake up my laptop

ErwinDejucos, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Display color profile (ICC) keeps resetting

Hi,

I have a Asus ROG laptop with Intel HD4600 graphics with Windows 10.

I have configured some color profiles for my laptop screen and external monitor (Dell UP2716D). The external monitor is connected via HDMI.

The problem is that the color profiles ALWAYS keep reverting to default in the following scenarios:

1) Disconnect and reconnect monitor HDMI cable

2) Change between "Extend" and "Duplicate" screen modes

In addition:

If i enter "Extend" mode and configure BOTH profiles then all is well until restart or screen mode change "Extend/Duplicate/etc". After laptop restart BOTH lose their color profile.

If i enter "Extend" mode and configure the profile ONLY for external monitor then external monitor occasionally remembers the color profile after restart. Although laptop screen profile is now overridden somehow and colors on laptop screen are very overexposed.

What could cause these issues?

I have tried updating Intel drivers, also got a response from Intel personnel stating that color profiles are managed by Windows.

Please advise how to resolve this. Even a workaround would be okay, perhaps a tool that reconfigures th proper color profiles every 5 seconds or so.

bupthebroker, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down

Color profile keeps resetting after Sleep.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Search for ‘Task Scheduler’ from the start menu.
    • Navigate to the following location:

Microsoft\Windows\WindowsColorSystem
    • Locate a task called ‘Calibration Loader’.
    • Right click ‘Calibration Loader’ and select ‘Properties’.
    • Go to the ‘triggers’ tab, disable ‘At Logon’
      and ‘On Connection to user session’ by unchecking ‘Enabled’ box.
    • Close ‘Task Scheduler’, set color profile and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down

1. Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down - Similar Threads - Color Profile keeps

2. pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps turning on after shutting down and sleep: hello , recently i updated to windows 11 , it ran perfectly for quite some time , but after a while whenever i try to shutdown the computer or try to sleep it , it turns on by itself , i tried everything including updating bios , drivers , registry editor , turning off fast...
  3. Screen goes dim after restart/shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes dim after restart/shut down: Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, I tried my best to pick the correct one-! So like the subject says, my screen goes dim when I shut down my laptop and open it again, or if I restart it. It doesn't really look like the brightness went down, more as if the contrast was...
  4. Color profile keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color profile keeps resetting: I have a custom icc I made with an app called calibrize because I couldn't get the colors to my liking with the other tools. However, it startetd resetting every time the pc is turned on. I have tried the task scheduler fix but it didn't work for me, also I updated the...
  5. Screen flipping after sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flipping after sleep or shut down: Every time my Surface Go is turned back on, it flips the screen from landscape to flipped portrait. While it's not a huge hassle to reset it, I'd like to able to go into a meeting without having to reset my computer screen every time. I've tried the screen rotation lock but...
  6. Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep

Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep: My laptop keeps shutting down randomly during sleep. When it turns back on I get this message: "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata." I looked in the event viewer to the entry before the last shutdown and it says: "Connectivity...
  7. Laptop goes to sleep and then shuts down after 5 minutes of lid closed

Laptop goes to sleep and then shuts down after 5 minutes of lid closed: Computer Model: Asus GL553VE. OS: Windows 10 Home I have checked all settings and updatesbios,driver,windows and tried every solution available on internet. There is no mention of shutdown in the logs but the computer gets turned off. Also, I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD...
  8. Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep

Laptop shuts down when it goes to sleep: So every time my Asus laptop goes to sleep, it shuts down, no matter how little time it is in sleep mode. I have checked the settings available for power and battery and there is nothing that helps in solving this problem. I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version...
  9. Color profile keeps resetting to default after sleep and shutting down any one has a fix.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color profile keeps resetting to default after sleep and shutting down any one has a fix.: Yes I did set it as my default profile. submitted by /u/RamQashou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8g6m7/color_profile_keeps_resetting_to_default_after/
  10. Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps

Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps: I have been having this very annoying issue where my custom color profile keeps resetting to the horrible default one when ever I let my laptop sleep or restart. I have deleted all of the other color profiles but it still keeps on resetting. I've been on 1806, 1903 and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. colour managemnt resets when i log out vivobook

2. yellow screen asus vivobook startup icc