Windows 10: Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps

Discus and support Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been having this very annoying issue where my custom color profile keeps resetting to the horrible default one when ever I let my laptop sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ErwinDejucos, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps

I have been having this very annoying issue where my custom color profile keeps resetting to the horrible default one when ever I let my laptop sleep or restart.

I have deleted all of the other color profiles but it still keeps on resetting.

I've been on 1806, 1903 and now 1909 but still doing it.

Any ideas?

Also, Windows Hello is not available the next time I wake up my laptop

:)

ErwinDejucos, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Color profile keeps resetting after Sleep.

Hello.

So I have two monitors. One of which has a color profile. The other one is pretty good at the default.

However.

Every time I log into me computer or gets back after it has slept, the monitor with the color profile has the default setting.

After a few minutes (this varies), the color profile applies itself automatically. It's annoying.

And yes, I've read most post on this subject. I have tried to reinstall all drivers, swapped DisplayPort cables, only used one monitor. I have also tried to reset everything to default in the "Color profile" settings and then load the ICS-profile again.

Nothing helps.

Any idea what this could be? Windows 10 bug? I'm using W10 1809 and a GTX1070 graphics card with updated drivers.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Display color profile (ICC) keeps resetting

Hi,

I have a Asus ROG laptop with Intel HD4600 graphics with Windows 10.

I have configured some color profiles for my laptop screen and external monitor (Dell UP2716D). The external monitor is connected via HDMI.

The problem is that the color profiles ALWAYS keep reverting to default in the following scenarios:

1) Disconnect and reconnect monitor HDMI cable

2) Change between "Extend" and "Duplicate" screen modes

In addition:

If i enter "Extend" mode and configure BOTH profiles then all is well until restart or screen mode change "Extend/Duplicate/etc". After laptop restart BOTH lose their color profile.

If i enter "Extend" mode and configure the profile ONLY for external monitor then external monitor occasionally remembers the color profile after restart. Although laptop screen profile is now overridden somehow and colors on laptop screen are very overexposed.

What could cause these issues?

I have tried updating Intel drivers, also got a response from Intel personnel stating that color profiles are managed by Windows.

Please advise how to resolve this. Even a workaround would be okay, perhaps a tool that reconfigures th proper color profiles every 5 seconds or so.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps

Monitor Color Calibration keeps resetting

Hello, I have an acer SA230 and have been trying to fix the monitor's color for 3 hours now. Normally, when a monitor is off color, I would simply go to the color management window and calibrate the monitor. However, every time I finish calibrating the
    monitor, the moment I click outside any color management window, the calibration resets and the monitor is again off color. I have tried reloading the ICC profile in the color management window and setting the profile as the default both locally and system
    wide, and still the monitor resets its color whenever i click outside the color management window. I have already reinstalled the drivers and have gone as far as disabling driver signature checks in order to do so. I'm not entirely sure what else could be
    done at this point other than returning the monitor.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps

1. Color Profile keeps resetting when Laptop monitor sleeps - Similar Threads - Color Profile keeps

2. Laptop won't wake from sleep, and color profile issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't wake from sleep, and color profile issues: I picked up an Asus ROG G14 with the recent Best Buy sale and am loving it, but I'm having two issues. I did some searching but the solutions I found didn't work for me.I often am unable to wake the computer up from sleep. I don't even know how it's getting into sleep as I...
  3. Laptop won't wake from sleep, and color profile issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't wake from sleep, and color profile issues: I picked up an Asus ROG G14 with the recent Best Buy sale and am loving it, but I'm having two issues. I did some searching but the solutions I found didn't work for me.I often am unable to wake the computer up from sleep. I don't even know how it's getting into sleep as I...
  4. Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor: I have two color profiles defined for my second monitor. When I change from Extend to only the second monitor, the profile swaps the the other one. When I open the display settings both options have disappeared. When I switch back to Extend the options return....
  5. Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor: I have two color profiles defined for my second monitor. When I change from Extend to only the second monitor, the profile swaps the the other one. When I open the display settings both options have disappeared. When I switch back to Extend the options return....
  6. Color profile keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color profile keeps resetting: I have a custom icc I made with an app called calibrize because I couldn't get the colors to my liking with the other tools. However, it startetd resetting every time the pc is turned on. I have tried the task scheduler fix but it didn't work for me, also I updated the...
  7. Color Profile Resets on Reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color Profile Resets on Reboot: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fordari [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jr5y92/color_profile_resets_on_reboot/
  8. Color Profiles with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Profiles with multiple monitors: I have a really annoying issue with how my system handles color profiles. I have a laptop connected to two external monitors, each with their own calibrated profile. When all three are connected everything works as it should, but when I turn off the built-in display, its...
  9. Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Profile keeps resetting after laptop screen goes to sleep or shut down: I just bought a brand new laptop ASUS Vivobook 15 [not S15]. The screen has a noticeable yellow tint. Every time I try to change the default color profile to sRGB it resets after I close the laptop or restart/turn it off. It happens for all users on the laptop. I've tried...
  10. SystemSettingsBroker.exe keeps resetting Color profile, causing flickering-colors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SystemSettingsBroker.exe keeps resetting Color profile, causing flickering-colors: I have this problem on Windows 1809 Pro, Lenovo T480s laptop with Intel HD 620 graphics (tried with latest drivers offered by Lenovo, AND with latest drivers (17 jan 2019) offered by Intel going against their advise to use OEM drivers). I don't seem to have this problem on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus s15 colour management profile resets at login