Windows 10: Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

Discus and support Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with my Dell monitor profile after Installing 22H2 update and buying Nvidia GeForce RTX card with latest drivers. The colors of images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vladimir84TB, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

I have a problem with my Dell monitor profile after Installing 22H2 update and buying Nvidia GeForce RTX card with latest drivers. The colors of images in Chrome and Windows File explorer look the way they should with my monitor color profile, while in all the windows Apps that read assigned color profiles - images with sRGB profiles look under-saturated. Same thing with Photoshop, where selecting monitor profile and SRGB profile now gives different results and it wasn't like that before. I've been using the same monitor drivers for 3 years. How do I make it look the same?

:)

Vladimir84TB, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows Color Management Issue

Hi billin30,

With the issue you're having with your display color, I suggest that you calibrate. There may have been settings that is causing the issue and resetting them may solve this. Follow these steps:

1. Press Windows key on your keyboard, type Calibrate display color.
    2. Follow the on screen instructions.
    If the issue will not somehow improve, try to check with your monitor's color settings just to be sure.

Also, I'd like to clarify what monitor is having the issue with its display going to the 'other monitor'? I'd also like to ask for help in isolating the issue. Try to use the monitors one-by-one or have them pair up with one another. Like have BenQ paired
    with Asus then have Alienware paired with Asus etc.

Update me if there were improvements.

Ian Ser, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Screen color profile changes once a USB device is plugged.

Hi Maher,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Does this issue occur only when connecting a USB device or it happens when you connect a HDMI/VGA cable?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, you can try calibrating the Display Color Profiles as per your requirement and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Color Management in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it.
    2. Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. Click on Calibrate Display, and follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate the display.
    4. If you want to change the Default system profile, then click on
      Change system defaults, click on the profile that you want to make default and click on
      Set as default to make the profile as the default profile.

For more information on Color Management, you can refer the article
    About Color Management

You can also, try updating the Display drivers and check if that helps. Please refer the steps in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . Here, after opening Device Manager, Expand Display adapters, and follow the steps mentioned in the article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

Photos App is still not color managed

Hi Sebastian,

There may be a need to look into the color management settings on your computer to apply the ICC profiles. For us to sort out this issue, we would like to know the following:

• Since when did you notice this problem?
    • Have you performed any updates or made any changes on your computer before this problem started?
    • What version of Windows 10 is your computer on?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check out the steps shared by Neeeeks on this link.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

1. Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update - Similar Threads - Color profile management

2. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  3. ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICC Profiles and Color Management are not working: I'm on Windows 11 Pro 22H2I'm trying to used my monitor's OEM ICC profile but it looks like it has no effect. I dived deeper by setting random ICC profiles by default but all have no effect. I do remember these having substantial changes in color in Windows 10, but it seems...
  4. Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue: This is a solution to a problem I have been having for ages that I thought I should share with others. When logging in after Sleep or Hibernate, my ASUS Vivobook, which has an AMD Ryzen Vega 3 graphics chip, the color profile would change to be more yellowish than the...
  5. Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to ASUS Color Profile Issue: This is a solution to a problem I have been having for ages that I thought I should share with others. When logging in after Sleep or Hibernate, my ASUS Vivobook, which has an AMD Ryzen Vega 3 graphics chip, the color profile would change to be more yellowish than the...
  6. Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color profile management issue after 22H2 Update: I have a problem with my Dell monitor profile after Installing 22H2 update and buying Nvidia GeForce RTX card with latest drivers. The colors of images in Chrome and Windows File explorer look the way they should with my monitor color profile, while in all the windows Apps...
  7. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  8. Color profile/filter added after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color profile/filter added after update: Hello, Yesterday, I noticed there were some extra windows updates that involved my monitor (viewsonic xg2530) and processor (Ryzen 7 3600). I also may have updated the graphics card (GTX 1080). After my computer restarted, the colors on various UI menus on my Viewsonic...
  9. Color profile issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color profile issues?: I had to do a clean wipe of my Windows 10, which means I lost my last calibrated profile. Been trying to recalibrate but my colors all seem dull, and greys are either too purple or yellow. My question is, when I go to settings - display, and change my calibrated profiles...
  10. Problem with Color Profiles and Management Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Color Profiles and Management Windows 10: Hi everyone, I recently changed my multiple monitor setup and have 2 new monitors connected to my Windows 10 64bit computer. I am using a ASUS high refresh rate monitor and a Benq Photographic monitor for photo editing. The Benq is Adobe RBG. The ASUS is connected by display...