Windows 10: Color profile not applying to one display

Discus and support Color profile not applying to one display in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop but since that installation I noticed that my color profiles were removed probably an error on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by adaqyang, Jul 11, 2022.

1. adaqyang Win User

Color profile not applying to one display

Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop but since that installation I noticed that my color profiles were removed probably an error on my part, so I looked and managed to install one into Color Management. It installed but only changed the display on my external monitor, and when I tried applying the settings to my laptop display they didn't change anything.I was just wondering if I was missing any additional applications that prevented my laptop's display from loading the color profiles. It really isn't much of a problem but it would be nice to apply a profile since it seems some

:)

adaqyang, Jul 11, 2022
  2. bobkn Win User

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

Color profile not applying to one display [​IMG]

Color profile not applying to one display [​IMG]

bobkn, Jul 11, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Cannot change color profile for display no 2

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Windows 10 requires the correct color profile to make sure your device shows colors as accurately as possible. Only when the correct profile is installed on your computer for an image device will you experience color accuracy
    as intended by the company that designed that device. If colors don't render correctly on your display, chances are that's not due to a problem with the monitor. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Have you gone to the manufacturer's website to download the most updated monitor driver?
      (Note: Kindly get the monitor driver, not the video driver.)

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check
    LG's website
    and download the driver for your monitor. Kindly use the .icm file on the
    Change advanced color management settings for displays, scanners using search.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 11, 2022
  4. Color profile not applying to one display

Color profile

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

Color calibration and others continue to be listed as a known issue on the Release information page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

Gamma ramps, color profiles, and night light settings do not apply in some cases

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where gamma ramps, color profiles and night light settings may stop working.

Microsoft has identified some scenarios where night light settings may stop working, for example:

Connecting to (or disconnecting from) an external monitor, dock, or projector

Rotating the screen

Updating display drivers or making other display mode changes

Closing full screen applications

Applying custom color profiles

Running applications that rely on custom gamma ramps

There is no ETA provided by Microsoft to fix this. You would have to wait.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jul 11, 2022
Thema:

Color profile not applying to one display

1. Color profile not applying to one display - Similar Threads - Color profile applying

2. Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings: i can not get colour profiles to show within the display settings. They were doing so until recently, does anyone know why they have gone or how i can fix that?in display settings when im on sdr it used to show the color profile, without having to open color management, then...
  3. Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Color profile does not display in display settings: i can not get colour profiles to show within the display settings. They were doing so until recently, does anyone know why they have gone or how i can fix that?in display settings when im on sdr it used to show the color profile, without having to open color management, then...
  4. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  5. Color Profile

Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  6. Color profile not applying to one display

Color profile not applying to one display: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop but since that installation I noticed that my color profiles were removed probably an error on my part, so I looked and managed to install one into Color Management. It installed but only changed the display on my external...
  7. Color profile not applying to one display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Color profile not applying to one display: Hello,I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop but since that installation I noticed that my color profiles were removed probably an error on my part, so I looked and managed to install one into Color Management. It installed but only changed the display on my external...
  8. Display color management color profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display color management color profile: Windows stops using the color profile .icm set for my displays. This occurs randomly and every time I access system or display settings. The problem started several Windows updates ago and has gotten even worse with the latest updates. Configuration: AMD Ryzen 7 1700...
  9. ICC Color Profile not staying applied

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ICC Color Profile not staying applied: Been trying to set up an ICC profile on my desktop as my colors seem washed out. I have an ASUS VG248QE. Every time I apply the profile I can see the change take place but as soon as I close out of color management it reverts back to normal. I check the boxes for using my...
  10. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673